Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Hello, I'm new to the group, strange happenings.

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:26 PM
  • 14 Replies

Hello,

I am 28 years old, have a beautiful 19mo DD, and was just recently (Oct. 18th) diagnosed with Chronic Ulcerative Colitis. Prior to diagnosis, DH and I were TTC, we stopped when I got sick, and only just started again 2 months ago. And SUPRISE! Currently 1 1/2wks pregnant with #2.

Last month my period came 6 days early, and started very light, I had assumed it was implantation bleeding, and shrugged it off. Then it became extremely heavy, bleeding through 2 and 3 tampons every couple of hours, it would stop at night, and come back again in the morning, then on the 4th evening I passed a large clot and the bleeding stopped, completely, not even spotting. I took 2 more tests to make sure I wasn't pregnant, and we started trying again.

Just 2 days ago, I felt, different, not like my first pregnancy, but still I felt pregnant. I got THREE BFPs! Two on the first response rapid results, and one on a clear blue easy digital. So today I saw the doctor. He was concerned by the abnormal period prior and thought maybe I was more pregnant than I realized. So with a quantiative HcG and an ultrasound we went searching for answers.

My ultrasound showed a long, thin, slit-like gestational sac that measured 5w 3d gestation. My ultrasound tech said she "wishes it was more round," but said not to fret at this point. My HcG measured at 1 1/2 weeks pregnant, which based on my ovulation, CM, and timing of intercourse, would be correct. With DD I did have an unusually large amount of amniotic fluid for the first 30 weeks of pregnancy. So maybe it's just me.

Anyway, do any of you have any thoughts or suggestions about the size/shape of the GS, or the difference in measurements of the GS to the HcG count? I'm still taking HPTs and measuring the lines to see if they're getting more pronounced, or popping up faster. But I'm having a hard time not stressing about it.

Thanks!!

by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Heather2001
by Heather on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:16 AM

I've never heard of that before.  Sorry!

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:36 AM
2 moms liked this

1 1/2 weeks pregnant? Is that a typo? 

NewMamaBoo
by Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:42 AM

BUMP!

pacificamom
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Quoting Pandapanda:

CafeMom Tickers
robbinbj
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:38 AM
Nope, fetus is 1 1/2 weeks gestation. They way hat dates are measured is pregnancy beginning at start of your last period, so on a 40wk calendar it wpuld be 3 1/2 weeka. But my HcG levels indicate fertilization on or around December 16th.

Quoting Pandapanda:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
robbinbj
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:38 AM
Sweet typos, love posting from a phone.
-mamas-
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:45 AM
Maybe you were pregnant before when you had the bleeding and that's what the sac is from. This is all a guess, I really am not sure...but maybe the sac for this pregnancy hasn't formed yet. I never form a sac until about 5 weeks.
mama2gg
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:15 AM
Uniform sac indicate most likely a loss already or a molar pregnancy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
butterflycircle
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:10 AM

I don't meant o be a stickler lol but this does make you 3 1/2 weeks kinda. Also Hcgs very waaaaaay to much to pin point an exact date. Also ultrasounds that early are very hard to date a pregnancy with especially so early on. 

All of that being said.... Congrates on baby #2 !! It is very exciting I am sure. Relax and enjoy before the yucky parts start showing up (morning sickness) lol. I would not test to often maybe after a few days to a week test once and it should be faster and or more pronounced then. Some cramping, light bleeding/spotting is normal in early pregnancy too so if you get any of them don't freak out (this is my 4th pregnancy and I have had that with all of them especailly around the time of my missed period). 

Quoting robbinbj:

Nope, fetus is 1 1/2 weeks gestation. They way hat dates are measured is pregnancy beginning at start of your last period, so on a 40wk calendar it wpuld be 3 1/2 weeka. But my HcG levels indicate fertilization on or around December 16th.

Quoting Pandapanda:

mem82
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:38 AM
I have never heard of an us seeing a sac that I early.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN