Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Feel Old

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:57 PM
  • 17 Replies

Today we went bowling. 2 kids, Dh and I. I am huge!  I look like I am 40 weeks but I am only 25. There was a group of teenagers bowling on the lane next to us. I overheard 2 young ladies say something like "I can't believe she can even bowl. She is so big. I hope I never have kids." I remember those days. I can't believe how quickly time flies. I just turned 28 on Dec. 20th.

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
halinichols
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:01 PM

i feel old too, i have 2 kids and am 22!

cravespopcorn
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Ha!  I feel old sometimes in these forums because I'm having my first kid...I will be 28 on the day I go in to start getting cervidil and will be induced the next day!

jbjb1024
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:15 PM
I feel old too. I'm 27 and this is my first.

Quoting cravespopcorn:

Ha!  I feel old sometimes in these forums because I'm having my first kid...I will be 28 on the day I go in to start getting cervidil and will be induced the next day!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cravespopcorn
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:16 PM

I was a before I moved to another state just this year and none of my students could believe #1 I wasn't married (got married on March 30) and #2 I had no kids (got pregnant two weeks into marriage)

Quoting jbjb1024:

Quoting cravespopcorn:

alaskanewbie
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Quoting cravespopcorn:

I was a before I moved to another state just this year and none of my students could believe #1 I wasn't married (got married on March 30) and #2 I had no kids (got pregnant two weeks into marriage)

Quoting jbjb1024:

Quoting cravespopcorn:

This is #1 for me too. But DH has 2 boys from previous marraige. They are 8 and 7. Maybe they make me look old?????Oh, well they are worth it if they do! But when did 28 get old?

ohmandy
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:14 AM

when ds turned 5, i felt old... im 27 haha.  people are like "you arent old" but after finding out i was pregnant at 21 i jumped into family and career mode with little distracters... something many dont combine till much later.  i sound like im complaining im not... but yea, i feel old haha

PEEK05
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Nope

SkylarBeth
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Well I didn't feel old before but now....I'll be 30 just a couple weeks after my first baby is born....so I guess I'm really old.....GREAT! lol

Quoting jbjb1024:

Quoting cravespopcorn:

sissy852
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:27 AM
1 mom liked this
I did when i found out i am going to be a great great aunt again
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:05 AM

WHen I was pregnant with my first child, I went bowling with my husband (at the time, we are now divorced). He was the bowler, went bowling every week on a league. I beat his ass so much that I went and got a copy of it. They asked me to join a league that's how well I did. But I felt that I would go back to sucking at bowling after I had my child. I didn't over hear anything like that. Of course I was 24 when I had that child, so I was kinda young.

I'm 39 and will be 40 in Feb. I feel old at times, but not all the time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured