Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

pregnant & partying? drinking wine?

Posted by   + Show Post

hi! this question is not about me,but a lady i know on facebook..she is always posting pix of herself saying "im sexy..look at my sexy pregant belly.."blah blah..then she gonig out & still partying as if shes not preggo..she posted pix of herself & her friends atta male strip club ike 2-3 weeks ago,now tonight she posted pix of her in a skin tight,short sexy dress posing with her frineds.then one of them she titled "yes that is red wine"..she holding up a large glass of wine!" she is 5 montha preggo!  now i think i maye have herd b4 that its "ok" for a pregnant woman to have an occasional drink,but to me it just sounnds wrong wrong on so many levels...y would any bartender serve a pregnant woman (she is very big & obviously showing)..alchol? & y would her friends be kool with that? mind u,y would u go to a club trying to pick men up while ur pregnant?  all of it is just wrong to me...i dunno..wat are your opinions on this?

by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:23 AM
Replies (11-20):
anxiousschk
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this

If I don't like what people post on facebook, I unfriend them or I hide their feeds.  Problem solved.  

Personally, I wouldn't be comfortable going out like that pregnant..but that's not me.  

I'm also not comfortable drinking during pregnancy, but many doctors in Europe, (and midwives here) will advise a glass of wine on occasion.  

true-love-21
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Tell that woman she is stupid and doesnt deserve that baby if all she does is think about herself....people these days..i swear

jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:06 AM

I don't think it's selfish...a little tasteless maybe!

I wouldn't feel right going out and partying pregnant....mainly because i think I would be too moody and tired and cause I have a LO at home already. But I would not  mind having a glass of wine here and there with my meal.

Quoting heatherd09:

A bartender can't legally deny her, for one.

A glass of wine on occasion is supposedly okay but I would never be going out, dressing skimpy and drinking with my friends while pregnant. That's just selfish.

jewmaw13
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:20 PM
Hmm well having an occasional gkass of wine i think is ok...like im going to have a gkass on new years eve but im not going out clubbing and stuff...just staying home with the df enjoying a quiet evening at home..but as far as her "partying" imo you give that up the day you decide to be a mother...now dont get me wrong when im unpreggnant and the baby is old enough im sure im gonna find a sitter and go to the bar once or twice with df but as far as going out partying all the time with the girls to clubs, that part of my life is over. But thats just my opinion oh and sorry for some reason my tab types my l's as k's...it has a mind of its own...ive been trying to fix it for like 5 min lol
YudyC
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:45 PM
I went out for the first time since finding out (almost 7 weeks along) and within 10 minutes a fight broke out in front of us. I was scared the whole night of getting hurt but, since I'm not telling people yet I dint ask to leave. I did however turn down drinking.
I think your friend is being a little reckless.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
crheinheimer
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:54 PM
I actually did refuse to serve pregnant women on 2 occasions as a bartender. You have the right to refuse service to anyone, there are always signs up stating that. Unfortunately that didn't stop the one girl's friends from buying her drinks and taking them to her without me knowing. While an occasional glass of wine is fine (I don't personally drink while pregnant), and going out without drinking while pregnant isn't a problem, I think the partying thing is not a great idea. Hopefully the baby won't be negatively affected.
ohmandy
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:06 PM

well, before i was showing and i was hiding my pregnancy i went out with friends (this was with my ds who is now 5).  ordered gingerales in the fancy cups, played bartender so i could make my own sprites while making others' mixed drinks... even went so far as to dump a beer, rinse the can, fill it with water and walk around (this was done when i was 21, in ds celebrating my friends' graduation haha... she didnt know i was preggo ha).  

i dont think its selfish at all!! this time around just the thought of doing all that on the regular makes me want to sleep lol.  as long as that glass of wine in the pic was the only thing she drank... well, im not going to judge.  finally got to the 2nd trimester so i may enjoy a small glass nye.  

cravespopcorn
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 3:03 PM

I don't think I'd be worried about someone going out (I wish I was able to at 5 months!) or even the occasional glass of wine...I'd be more worried about second hand smoke which is more likely to be at those places.  At least where I live, you are allowed to smoke in the clubs.  I also think that if you are bothered by her behavior, you should unfriend her since she is just someone you know (you don't indicate if she's a friend) so you don't have to subject yourself to worrying about her.

m0mmyheather
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Quoting TTC2Long:

Idk about your friend, but I can't STAND when people text type, especially in non-text situations and purposely misspell words. Y wud ne1 du dat?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kelly617
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:32 PM

I wouldn't do it...but thats just me...I don't go to clubs when I'm not pregnant

Honestly I don't really see much wrong with going out dancing with the girls while pregnant....and doctors say that small amounts of wine are allright (I don't really think that but i'm no doctor)

If you don't like it....delete her so you don't see her posts anymore

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)