Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pregnant & partying? drinking wine?

Posted by   + Show Post

hi! this question is not about me,but a lady i know on facebook..she is always posting pix of herself saying "im sexy..look at my sexy pregant belly.."blah blah..then she gonig out & still partying as if shes not preggo..she posted pix of herself & her friends atta male strip club ike 2-3 weeks ago,now tonight she posted pix of her in a skin tight,short sexy dress posing with her frineds.then one of them she titled "yes that is red wine"..she holding up a large glass of wine!" she is 5 montha preggo!  now i think i maye have herd b4 that its "ok" for a pregnant woman to have an occasional drink,but to me it just sounnds wrong wrong on so many levels...y would any bartender serve a pregnant woman (she is very big & obviously showing)..alchol? & y would her friends be kool with that? mind u,y would u go to a club trying to pick men up while ur pregnant?  all of it is just wrong to me...i dunno..wat are your opinions on this?

by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:23 AM
Replies (21-30):
firsttimemom755
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:20 PM

She sounds like she just doesnt care about being pregnant. Its okay to have a glass depending on how much alcohol your body is use to, like how much you drank before getting pregnant. But i wouldnt drink at all! Other than feeling bad for her baby i feel bad for her when she applies for jobs, people look for how responsible someone is and that is showing no responsibility at all! 

orangeshirt
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:39 PM
3 moms liked this
Ladies, clear this up for me. Are we honestly expecting that pregnant women act like nuns? There's no indication that she is neglecting good diet, prenatal care, etc. All she is doing is wearing a tight dress (oh my heavens!) and going to clubs (for shame!). We can't be so prudish (or maybe it's jealous?) that we think she is trashy, selfish, irresponsible, or uncaring, can we? Good lord, allow a woman to have a good time! I'm sure expectant fathers still go out for beers with their buddies to watch sports or even go to strip clubs. But I guess that's just boys being boys, whereas women going out are tramps?

***EYE ROLL***
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
soaringflutes
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Unfortunately, lots of pregnant women still think it's okay to drink.  I've never even heard of a study that proves it's okay on any level...but what she chooses to do with her body is sadly her choice.  As far as her going out and what she wears, to each their own, and who cares?

lulu_tattoos
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I've been to bars a few times during this pregnancy and a party once or twice. I make a great dd now that I can't be drunk :)
Pregnant or not, I still enjoy hanging out with my husband and our friends. I still enjoy live music and dancing (sort of, I wear out a lot faster now lol).
While she kind of sounds like an obnoxious cunt, she may not be doing anything wrong. One occasional glass of red wine at her gestation is perfectly fine according to most prenatal care providers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
orangeshirt
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:39 PM
There is plenty of research that concludes abstaining from alcohol is not necessary nor entirely beneficial during pregnancy. Every midwife I've seen through my three pregnancies has recommended red wine on occasion up to nightly.

Quoting soaringflutes:

Unfortunately, lots of pregnant women still think it's okay to drink.  I've never even heard of a study that proves it's okay on any level...but what she chooses to do with her body is sadly her choice.  As far as her going out and what she wears, to each their own, and who cares?

bebe_ju-rah
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:41 PM
Ew
lulu_tattoos
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:46 PM
1 mom liked this
The research is easy to find if you look for it. Just because no one has ever dropped the conclusions from studies into your lap doesn't mean the studies weren't done.

There's lots of stuff that I don't know about/never heard of. Doesn't make that stuff any less true.

Quoting soaringflutes:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by Emerald Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:24 PM

A last fling?

bbyB10
by Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:31 PM
I did in Vegas , we welcomed the 7th month there , we were on our babymoon hubby and I , I had ONE drink
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:05 AM

I would only be concerned with the amount of wine she is consuming. THe going out part, I did while pregnant. I just didn't drink, much. 

I would have a glass of wine every once in a while. My doctor assured me that it was fine. Nothing to worry about as long as I'm not drinking all the time.  Most of the time it was about 3 ounces and I think I had a total of 4 drinks the entire pregnancy. It was a light spiced wine, because I was pregnant around christmas time. I would warm up the wine when I couldn't get to sleep at all for a long time, and sip it throughout the entire evening.

I wasn't married at the time, but I was engaged, so I wasn't looking for a man either. I was mainly with my man at the time. Went to the bar to celebrate being pregnant, and to look for my finacee's father to tell him. I had one glass that night and we went to 3 or 4 bars looking for his dad, cause we didn't know which one he was at that night. He was happy.

11 years later, my husband's father doesn't drink anymore.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured