Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

pregnant & partying? drinking wine?

Posted by   + Show Post

hi! this question is not about me,but a lady i know on facebook..she is always posting pix of herself saying "im sexy..look at my sexy pregant belly.."blah blah..then she gonig out & still partying as if shes not preggo..she posted pix of herself & her friends atta male strip club ike 2-3 weeks ago,now tonight she posted pix of her in a skin tight,short sexy dress posing with her frineds.then one of them she titled "yes that is red wine"..she holding up a large glass of wine!" she is 5 montha preggo!  now i think i maye have herd b4 that its "ok" for a pregnant woman to have an occasional drink,but to me it just sounnds wrong wrong on so many levels...y would any bartender serve a pregnant woman (she is very big & obviously showing)..alchol? & y would her friends be kool with that? mind u,y would u go to a club trying to pick men up while ur pregnant?  all of it is just wrong to me...i dunno..wat are your opinions on this?

by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:23 AM
Replies (31-40):
happysnappyJ
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:30 PM
2 moms liked this

I do go out, I do enjoy a glass of wine now and then while pregnant, and I do dress up. But, my husband is always with me, or my best friends, and I don't get drunk, I don't try to pick guys up. Legally, the bartender can't deny her service, and whether her friends are cool with it or not doesn't matter, it's her life and she can do what she wants. 

pacificamom
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Quoting FrancineSmith:

As long as she is not drinking regularly, she's fine. Being in a club or going to a party won't harm an unborn child, but constant drinking can definitely mean trouble.

I'm not a party girl or club person myself. I'm a homebody lol. But maybe she is getting all her partying out now before she becomes a mom.

CafeMom Tickers
bellaamore
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Well, while I wouldn't act as she does, no one said you couldn't hang with friends and go out once you were pregnant. I went to a few bar to watch live shows a few times while pregnant and drank.
She can dress how she wants and wine is good for you, even while pregnant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1stTimeMom2bATL
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:51 PM
I was very surprised by how many people encouraged me to drink wine while pregnant. While there may be studies stating that drinking in moderation while pregnant is safe, it's not worth the risk. If something happened to my baby, I would carry that guilt with me for the rest of my life. If you can't abstain from alcohol for 9 months, you have a problem. But, that's a decision that every mother has to make for herself.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Xanbuttsmom
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Meh I go out with friends on occasion. More bar scene than club. I had about half a glass of wine a couple weekends ago nothing major. i just like the way wine tastes I wasn't trying to catch a buzz lol. I don't dress skimpy I dress comfy. Im not trying to pick up guys mine is at home with ds.

For me it's just nice getting out of the house and hanging out with my friends. Im a person mot a baby machine lol. I like to have fun. That's what it is good clean fun lol. Its funny seeing the bartenders face when I order ice water with lemon lol. I also don't mind being designated driver so my girls can get their drink on.

Xanbuttsmom
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:17 PM
My friends act like a Shield around me. Lol they know im preggo and they would never let anything happen to me. I dont dance in crowds though either. I sit and talk to whoever is around. People who aren't aware im pregnant buy me shots and I just give them to my friends. I dont complain because I can't drink. Although I couldn't get a damn virgin strawberry daiquiri to save my life haha. If im not happy somewhere we go somewhere else. We like to bar hop anyway lol. They always take me to eat at the end if the night and that's the best part lol

Quoting kandeek:

i guess you r right about gonig out...altho my concern about a pregnant woman going out  (especially atta club) is clubs & bars can & do get crowded & i would be worried if my friend or sister would get pushed or hurt because i know i have been even been pushed and knocked down once or twice on a dance floor becasue these stupid youngins were acting silly & body slamming each other at the wrong club..i wouldnt wanna put my baby or myself in that situation at any place...id be too scared if anything..or wat if theres no seating if she gets tired,feet hurting...

i have actually experinced this with a friend in her pregnancy & let me tell u it wasnt fun dealing with a preggo person in a club wen u wanna have fun but they r too tired to hang & their feet hurt so have to sit down,wanna leave early,complaining they cant drink..blah blah blah..lol...im just saying...

orangeshirt
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:40 PM
Seriously? I've got a problem because I want a glass of champagne at my shower or red wine with Thanksgiving dinner? Puh-lease. Save your psychological assessment and ignorant judgment. There are many benefits to drinking occasionally during pregnancy.

Quoting 1stTimeMom2bATL:

I was very surprised by how many people encouraged me to drink wine while pregnant. While there may be studies stating that drinking in moderation while pregnant is safe, it's not worth the risk. If something happened to my baby, I would carry that guilt with me for the rest of my life. If you can't abstain from alcohol for 9 months, you have a problem. But, that's a decision that every mother has to make for herself.

1stTimeMom2bATL
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:00 PM
Sorry if I offended you. That's just my opinion.

Quoting orangeshirt:

Seriously? I've got a problem because I want a glass of champagne at my shower or red wine with Thanksgiving dinner? Puh-lease. Save your psychological assessment and ignorant judgment. There are many benefits to drinking occasionally during pregnancy.

Quoting 1stTimeMom2bATL:

bethany0199
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:39 PM

let her have her fun now god only knows its gonna slow down most likely for her.. i went out last weekend.. no harm no foul.. do not judge and if u dont like it dont be her friend get over it.. 

bethany0199
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:40 PM

SAME HERE LOL

Quoting 1stTimeMom2bATL:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)