Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

pregnant & partying? drinking wine?

Posted by   + Show Post

hi! this question is not about me,but a lady i know on facebook..she is always posting pix of herself saying "im sexy..look at my sexy pregant belly.."blah blah..then she gonig out & still partying as if shes not preggo..she posted pix of herself & her friends atta male strip club ike 2-3 weeks ago,now tonight she posted pix of her in a skin tight,short sexy dress posing with her frineds.then one of them she titled "yes that is red wine"..she holding up a large glass of wine!" she is 5 montha preggo!  now i think i maye have herd b4 that its "ok" for a pregnant woman to have an occasional drink,but to me it just sounnds wrong wrong on so many levels...y would any bartender serve a pregnant woman (she is very big & obviously showing)..alchol? & y would her friends be kool with that? mind u,y would u go to a club trying to pick men up while ur pregnant?  all of it is just wrong to me...i dunno..wat are your opinions on this?

by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:23 AM
Replies (41-50):
kandeek
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Quoting bethany0199:

let her have her fun now god only knows its gonna slow down most likely for her.. i went out last weekend.. no harm no foul.. do not judge and if u dont like it dont be her friend get over it.. 

well i am not her friend actually...& the thing is this..i have several sisters who have had sevral kids themselves & not one one of them have ever taken a drink whie preggo..they have never even herd of a doctor saying "its ok" for a pregnant woman to have an occsional drink .,,neither have i.thats y i was shocked to see this distant cousin of mine on fb taking pics with drink in her hand wearingg a very sexy skintight dress while 5 months preggo..to me,its just "shocking"....my young family members,who luv partying & dressing sexy,halted all of that till after baby was born....ok sure,to each its own,but im just saying in my experince with close fam members who have had baies,it was just "not right" to see wat this woman was doing & posting it on FB...& no im not going to "get over it".

kandeek
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Quoting happysnappyJ:

I do go out, I do enjoy a glass of wine now and then while pregnant, and I do dress up. But, my husband is always with me, or my best friends, and I don't get drunk, I don't try to pick guys up. Legally, the bartender can't deny her service, and whether her friends are cool with it or not doesn't matter, it's her life and she can do what she wants. 

its not just HER life & she cant just do wat she wants...wen shes carrying a child inside her...its the baby's life too.

happysnappyJ
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Quoting kandeek:

Quoting happysnappyJ:

I do go out, I do enjoy a glass of wine now and then while pregnant, and I do dress up. But, my husband is always with me, or my best friends, and I don't get drunk, I don't try to pick guys up. Legally, the bartender can't deny her service, and whether her friends are cool with it or not doesn't matter, it's her life and she can do what she wants. 

its not just HER life & she cant just do wat she wants...wen shes carrying a child inside her...its the baby's life too.

According to the law, it is her life, and she can do what she wants. Her life, her choice. 

Dee0886
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:37 PM

None of your biz. Being pregnant doesn't mean you have to be a home body. She's not out doing shots, A glass of wine every so often is fine. She's allowed to have fun if she wants. If she's comfortable doing it who are you to judge her? It's not like it's hurting her baby by being out. 

Jessmichelle2
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:38 PM

i agree, a glass of wine occasionally is okay, but i would be too nervous about getting into a fight or the baby getting hurt going out pregnant, seems irresponsible IMO and hey if she feels comfortable dressing sexy more power too her, i sometimes with i could feel sexy again :/ im sure she will be a fine mother, better get out the "going out" now before shes stuck at home with a new born

EmmaZate
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:42 PM
A glass of red wine daily is safe. However, bartenders can legally deny service to ANYONE for any reason. I had one the other day deny me a damn COKE because I'm pregnant. I'm allowed a certain ammount of caffeine and I had a migraine, and needed caffeine to help boost the meds. I was PISSED.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
orangeshirt
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:14 PM
Considering she's doing nothing to harm herself or her baby, the problem is all yours. So it seems like your choice is to either get over it or open your eyes to the possibility that, outside of your little world, people dare to act differently and that doesn't mean they are "not right". It just means that it is new to you and you kind of have to deal with it.

Quoting kandeek:

Quoting bethany0199:

let her have her fun now god only knows its gonna slow down most likely for her.. i went out last weekend.. no harm no foul.. do not judge and if u dont like it dont be her friend get over it.. 

well i am not her friend actually...& the thing is this..i have several sisters who have had sevral kids themselves & not one one of them have ever taken a drink whie preggo..they have never even herd of a doctor saying "its ok" for a pregnant woman to have an occsional drink .,,neither have i.thats y i was shocked to see this distant cousin of mine on fb taking pics with drink in her hand wearingg a very sexy skintight dress while 5 months preggo..to me,its just "shocking"....my young family members,who luv partying & dressing sexy,halted all of that till after baby was born....ok sure,to each its own,but im just saying in my experince with close fam members who have had baies,it was just "not right" to see wat this woman was doing & posting it on FB...& no im not going to "get over it".

orangeshirt
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:17 PM
Please clarify how wearing a skimpy dress is harmful to her baby. Or how being on a bar/club, in and of itself, is dangerous to a fetus. And, please...do your research. An occasional glass of wine, or even one glass daily, is not detrimental.

Quoting kandeek:

Quoting happysnappyJ:

needsupport100
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:02 PM

without reading any replies, imo yes it sucks for the baby, but there is nothing illegal about serving a preggo a drink-the bar tender can't deny a pregnant mother a drink-it's HER choice.

my xsd asked me if i would share my drink with her when she was 5 months preggo-i told her, i wouldn't hand her the glass, but she's a grown woman, and it's on her if what she does causes health problems with her child-she took a sip of jack and coke

i drank A glass of wine with my son-he didn't make it, but wasn't because of the one glass i drank, and few sips of beer-

a little wont hurt but getting drunk on a regular basis-it's no different than smoking while pregnant-i did that-hell my mom smoked with me-i turned out fine (i think the only damage it did to me, is i don't learn as fast as i should-but i'm not stupid-just slow)

needsupport100
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Quoting EmmaZate:

A glass of red wine daily is safe. However, bartenders can legally deny service to ANYONE for any reason. I had one the other day deny me a damn COKE because I'm pregnant. I'm allowed a certain ammount of caffeine and I had a migraine, and needed caffeine to help boost the meds. I was PISSED.

i think that's what killed my son. i was drinking a cappichino and a coke daily for a few days (early in my pregnancy). i came down with a bladder infection-it escelated from there-he didn't make it.

don't need any negative remarks-but i agree it's not THEIR choice however, frankly i wish someone would've reminded me how easily i get infections-cause i think i would still be pg with him had i been more careful :'(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)