Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Were you disappointed when you found out the gender?

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:16 PM
  • 85 Replies

(if you found out already, that is, in either this pregnancy or an earlier one)

The first time, I was realllllly wanting a boy--and that's what I got! This time, I was realllllly wanting a girl--and ended up with another boy. I thought I'd be happy either way, but honestly, I'm a little sad. Everyone says "Well, you'll just have to try again with the next one!" but DH has said he's not sure he wants more. I'm sure I'll be happy by the time the baby gets here (I just found out yesterday). And having another boy will be WAAY cheaper throughout baby's life... but right now, honestly, I'm a little sad :(

by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama2gg
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:18 PM
Yes I cried and cried I wanted a boy BUT I am blessed to have anything and now at 26 weeks am so in love with my dd
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by Emerald Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:20 PM

hugs!

Gender can "change" in pregnancy, you never know....
I think maybe we should be ready to go with it if we choose to find out~
With my babies I was distracted & surprised as I found out when I pulled babies out of the water at birth.
I think it is a bit rude to expect you to just get over it and plan ANOTHER pregnancy for the other gender when you're in This Moment though.

:-(

beadingmom17
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:22 PM
Yes. With my oldest DD I didn't care either way. With my youngest, I was really hoping for a boy, as was DH. It took about a day to get used to the idea of another girl but once we got over that initial "Oh..." feeling, we got excited about it and now I can't imagine life without 2 girls!

Don't let anyone make you feel like your feelings are wrong, either. You'll get the people who are all "just be happy it's healthy" or "be happy you can have kids", but you are perfectly fine to feel that twinge of sadness.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsniebo
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope. With our first, we knew we wanted more than one kiddo, so gender wasn't too important and we were thrilled to have our DD. This time around, I would have been happy with either gender (since having another girl would have meant having someone to pass things down to that DD has outgrown and having a boy meant putting a stop to my MIL's comments of, "Oh, you can keep trying until you get a boy..."), but DH was really hoping for a boy so we could have one of each. We're looking forward to welcoming a little boy in March!

brittany208
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, I'd rather KNOW and buy the appropriate color things, than go buy all kinds of girl things just to find out its going to be a boy.

The lady who did our ultrasound said she's been doing them for 29 years and she was 99% sure, so I imagine she knows what she's talking about. I mean, heck, I saw the little boy parts and *I* knew what they were before she even said anything...

my family wasn't trying to be rude. im not devastated or anything. just.... got my hopes up really thinking it'd be a girl. they all wanted it to be a girl too. they dont know that DH may not want more.

Quoting doulala:

hugs!

Gender can "change" in pregnancy, you never know....
I think maybe we should be ready to go with it if we choose to find out~
With my babies I was distracted & surprised as I found out when I pulled babies out of the water at birth.
I think it is a bit rude to expect you to just get over it and plan ANOTHER pregnancy for the other gender when you're in This Moment though.

:-(

brittany208
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:29 PM
1 mom liked this

yeah, it doesnt bother me when people say things like that because I know they are just trying to be upbeat and they are right. I AM happy that he's healthy. I AM thrilled that we are pregnant at all, unlike some people who can't even have kids. I just wanted my perfect little family with one boy and one girl... and I know it WILL be perfect.

Quoting beadingmom17:

Yes. With my oldest DD I didn't care either way. With my youngest, I was really hoping for a boy, as was DH. It took about a day to get used to the idea of another girl but once we got over that initial "Oh..." feeling, we got excited about it and now I can't imagine life without 2 girls!

Don't let anyone make you feel like your feelings are wrong, either. You'll get the people who are all "just be happy it's healthy" or "be happy you can have kids", but you are perfectly fine to feel that twinge of sadness.

brittany208
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:29 PM

yay! glad it worked out just the way you wanted!

Quoting mrsniebo:

Nope. With our first, we knew we wanted more than one kiddo, so gender wasn't too important and we were thrilled to have our DD. This time around, I would have been happy with either gender (since having another girl would have meant having someone to pass things down to that DD has outgrown and having a boy meant putting a stop to my MIL's comments of, "Oh, you can keep trying until you get a boy..."), but DH was really hoping for a boy so we could have one of each. We're looking forward to welcoming a little boy in March!

RaLeighsMommy11
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:30 PM
No I was excited both times but if this one had of been another girl I can honestly say I would have been a little sad @ first. Don't let anyone tell you that you shouldn't be upset about it because you have a right but I can almost guarantee as the weeks go by and you start preparing for baby to come you will be excited :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brittany208
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:33 PM

I'm sure I will be. I just pinned SO many cute things for a girl's nursery on pinterest!! now we'll just use older DS's things. it will be much cheaper at least!!

Quoting RaLeighsMommy11:

No I was excited both times but if this one had of been another girl I can honestly say I would have been a little sad @ first. Don't let anyone tell you that you shouldn't be upset about it because you have a right but I can almost guarantee as the weeks go by and you start preparing for baby to come you will be excited :)

Turtledoves
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:36 PM
No. I adore having a little girl and DH and I are excited about this baby. We don't even want to find out the gender yet because it doesn't matter - we're busy celebrating baby.

We plan to have 4-6 though, so gender isn't a big deal. Chances are with us that we'll probably end up with both genders at some point.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)