Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

baby needs?

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:13 PM
  • 14 Replies
I'm making a list of baby needs so that as I get them i can mark them off. Please tell me what you think i need even f its obvious.
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pacificamom
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:20 PM

hmm try googling, I'm holding a baby right now but can't seem to think lol......too tired

Randi02
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:22 PM
1 mom liked this
My baby needs clothes, car seat, boobs, cloth diapers, and a good wrap :)

They don't need much at all! We will have her in our bed, I will be breastfeeding exclusively and I cloth diaper lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:28 PM
Carseat
Clothes (I never stock to much on any one size they grow to fast)
Boobs
Blanket
Bed... yours if you co sleep or crib
Diapers... cloth or disposable
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsniebo
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Clothes, diapers & wipes, bottles if you plan on formula feeding/ nursing pads and Lansinoh (maybe a breast pump of some type) if you are bfing, a car seat...

Babies don't really need too much initially, but thebump.com has a good list of things you might want to consider getting (although several of the items seem kind of unnecessary).

LovinMyBoys0509
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:33 PM
Clothes, diapers, wipes, blankies, warm hats and snow bundles if it's a winter baby, binkys and bottles if you plan on using them, socks, diaper cream, lotion, baby wash, towels, wash clothes, safety kits with fingernail clippers and what not, burp rags, baby tylonal....that's all I can think of at the. Moment. Hope it helps :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DixonBabies
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Holy shit lol. I am writing this stuff down as it's been 10 years since I shopped for baby stuff (and she has been the only one til now) and I forgot how much we actually need.

MissRN
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:18 PM

This isn't a need but was very helpful a wrap for baby wearing, breast pads for leakage if you're breast feeding, stroller, sunscreen, lotions, vibrating seat/swing. We used the swing for some nap times like if DH and I wanted to actually sit at the table and eat dinner but I was slightly obsessed with DS so other than that I was always holding him. I also got a pump to store up extra breast milk so I had to get that, storage bags and bottles. We got DS a 'Lovie' it's like a security blanket, small and has a part of a stuffed animal on it. We kept it near him since birth and now at over 2 he still sleeps with it, I like that we picked what it would be and that it's not some giant blanket or hard to wash toy that he randomly got attached to. 

Carseat

Pack n play or bassinet 

Clothes

Diapers of some sort

Wipes

Shampoo/ washcloth/ towels

A baby hair brush- use while shampooing to prevent cradle cap

Blankets

Bottles if you need them

Formula or boobs 

Some sort of cloth to use for burping/wiping mouth after feeding 

Camera for lots of pics :) 

Bag to hold baby items if you go anywhere. I cleaned out my purse and used that. The diaper bag was too chunky

ittyprincess604
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:31 PM
Oh I just made a whole chart of stuff, number of shopping trips, what I want to spend on each trip and total I plan on spending lol I would upload but am on my phone.

I'm personally stocking up on shampoos, lotions, and other bath accessories of that nature as well as a couple boxes of both newborn and size 1 diapers and wipes first.

2nd trip I have planned for basic onesies, socks and hand covers , blankets, swaddlers, things of that nature

3rd will be for accessories such as a carrier, carseat, stationary play area like swing and things like that

Final will be smaller stuff, diaper rash creams, infant Tylenol, breast milk storage bags, bra pads, and anything I've missed
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
louzannalady
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Boobs. Blankets. PJ's/onesies/pants. A way to wear him or her (Moby wrap is cheap and easy to make). Diapers. Wipes. Triple Paste Cream for diaper rash. Baby wash. Attendence at a La Leche meeting. Carseat. That's it the first three months. 

Oh and nipple cream and washable breast pads.

doulala
by Emerald Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Warmth, mommy milk, sling

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN