Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Mommys that have had c sections .. i have a ?.. update on page 3 =)

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:47 PM
  • 25 Replies

If you have had a c section .. and it was planned .. did you ever think you were going to to labor at anytime before your section date ?

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doulala
by Emerald Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:54 PM

It is always possible.    If we are pregnant we can labor at any gestation.
The later the cesarean is put off the more opportunity for labor to begin (generally ideal as this means baby & mom are ready for birth).

I haven't had a cesarean myself, but I do know some moms have labored before the planned scheduled date, some even delivered vaginally.

GL!

bwsmommy
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:00 PM

I wouldnt have asked .. but ive been having lots of discharge (more than in past) which im pretty sure is my plug .. and now im worried about going into labor .. however im also on the fence of calling my dr because well i know my water or nothing has broke and baby is still active ..

Quoting doulala:

It is always possible.    If we are pregnant we can labor at any gestation.
The later the cesarean is put off the more opportunity for labor to begin (generally ideal as this means baby & mom are ready for birth).

I haven't had a cesarean myself, but I do know some moms have labored before the planned scheduled date, some even delivered vaginally.

GL!

doulala
by Emerald Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Is this an elective cesarean or would it be okay to vbac?

Either way, if it's early (baby would be preemie) then it may be worth giving a call--     *But if it just the plug only then it might be comforting to know that is something moms notice in the third trimester, not necessarily just at labor.
If this were me, I would not call for the plug if I am safe to vbac.     If I am not safe to vbac then I would watch more and phone in if things seem to progress.
:-)

Quoting bwsmommy:

I wouldnt have asked .. but ive been having lots of discharge (more than in past) which im pretty sure is my plug .. and now im worried about going into labor .. however im also on the fence of calling my dr because well i know my water or nothing has broke and baby is still active ..

Quoting doulala:
bwsmommy
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:24 PM

I guess it would be considered elective as my dr doesnt want me to go past 39 weeks because of my last section . and well he is also tying my tubes . Im 37 weeks and 4 days as of today . Im not having persay steady contractions just pressure and contractions but i would say less than 1 an hour ..

Quoting doulala:

Is this an elective cesarean or would it be okay to vbac?

Either way, if it's early (baby would be preemie) then it may be worth giving a call--     *But if it just the plug only then it might be comforting to know that is something moms notice in the third trimester, not necessarily just at labor.
If this were me, I would not call for the plug if I am safe to vbac.     If I am not safe to vbac then I would watch more and phone in if things seem to progress.
:-)

Quoting bwsmommy:

Quoting doulala:

Randi02
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:27 PM
I have had two scheduled c sections. I went into labour 4 days before one, and 6 before the other.

I called right away because I had complete placenta previa.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
USMCWifey2011
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Im pregnant with number 2 and thats a fear of mine..

DixonBabies
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:30 PM

Oh yeah. Lots of friends of mine never made it to their c-section date because they went into labor before hand. My husband thinks this will happen to me, ha. I have 15 weeks til my c-section though.

doulala
by Emerald Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:33 PM

This may be the start of pre-early labor...     That can always take breaks though, or just gradually (or quickly) ramp right up into Active Labor.
You are scheduled for 39 weeks just to try to be sure to catch this delivery as a surgical one I am guessing.     That is common for repeats (elective).

hugs!!

mama2gg
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:39 PM
I was already in labor when I got my section I'm vbac this time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Salsacookies
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:40 PM
I went into labor on my own when I was pregnant wih my twins. Started having contractions at about 3pm and my water broke about midnight. They were born 9 days before my scheduled date.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)