Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Period is 70 days late, negative tests, pain on lower right side

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:04 PM
  • 11 Replies
OK so, my period is 70 days late today. I've been to the hospital 2 times now because of a pain I feel on the lower right side of my stomach. The urine and blood test say everything is fine and negative for pregnancy. I've made an appointment with my gyno on the 8th, the only date available BC of the holidays and all of the events going on here in N.O. I'm 23 years old, have had a regular period every month since I started my period at 11yo. I've had one miscarriage at 18 and went out of the country in July and had a late period in August, these were the only times for a late period.

I feel like the pain constantly stays on my right side, and moves to the left. The pain intensity has decresed in the past few weeks, but still uncomfortable. Could I have ovarian cysts, or some kind of syndrome? My mother recently passed away from endometrial cancer and maybe that could happen to me as well. I visited the gyno in July, receiving an ultra sound that was fine and my tests came back fine. I usually have moderate acne on my face but it's been absolutely clear, no sore breasts, but my back feels like it's going to break, and headaches. I take alieve to help my headaches and use a heating pad which helps only for a while. I recently noticed I have pink stretch marks on my stomach but I'm losing weight, not gaining.

I'd appreciate any thoughts. Thank you. :)

-Stephanie
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:14 PM
I'm not sure, but you should see your dr again - maybe have a complete physical?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:42 PM

If you've had bloodwork stating you aren't pregnant then it isn't that. When was the last time you had a complete physical? What about a pap smear?

Larsbug
by Laura on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:44 PM

I would definately talk to your doctor again, sounds like maybe cysts

JasmineJoy
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:52 PM

My sister and I have both experienced pain in our lower right sides with no period. They did an ultrasound and found that we both had an ovarian cyst. Some cysts slowly shrink until they disappear. That could be why the pain is decreasing. You should ask your doctor for an ultrasound. Good luck!

Okcmom2013
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 7:25 PM
That's actually what happened to me! It was months late after taking the depo shot and then I could g eat n my side was killing me. I go to the ER and their like your your months pregnant. 0.0 go to the ER cause their tests are way more accurate
mrs.autry21
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 7:54 PM
Quoting Larsbug:

I would definately talk to your doctor again, sounds like maybe cysts

yes this was my first thought. I've had 2 periods in time where I had cyst and both times it affected my regular cycle. One oh longest was 55 days. Worst part is I got them in the middle of trying to conceive so it was confusing and frustrating.
tyrelsmom
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:07 PM
That's common for me. And its ovarian cysts.
chelseagrinn
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Sounds like cysts :/

In my weird alien body's case I took test after test both at home and in the hospital and didn't get a positive result until I was 13 weeks along. Not sure how much of a chance this would be for others.

GoddessNDaRuff
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Yikes! I don't know but I hope they find out. Hope you feel better

stacynocer
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:43 PM

I know how you feel right now...I am 64 days late on my period...right  now I have headaches, cramping and abdominal pain near my belly button....I had a ultrasound 4 weeks ago that was good and all pregnancy tests are coming back negative....I go to the Dr. on Thursday and hopefully find some thing out....It is very frustrating when your af is late and you don't know why.....I will let you know what my outcome is and just try not to stress...at least that is what they are telling me...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN