Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

ear infection :(

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:55 PM
  • 9 Replies

ok so i have  an ear infection i was wondering if  any one has any  home remedies as i dont want to take medication for it and  i really dont  want to go to the hospital  im in the process of switching clinics andi cant get in to see the doc till the other clinic transfers my  files over and im 33 weeks along so what  can i do without having to go to the er  for it. it  hurts really bad

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Do you have a primary care doctor? (Non-maternity care)

lillucky8
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:58 PM
Take a decongestant, like sudafed to help drain the fluid thats in there, otherwise im not sure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmami316
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:58 PM

the clinic im switching to has both and my doc is both ive called them to try and get in and they wont  let me till they  get my files and the  clinic i go to is a family practice 

lilmami316
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Quoting lillucky8:

Take a decongestant, like sudafed to help drain the fluid thats in there, otherwise im not sure.

yeah ive been taking that i have a head cold and every time  ihave a head  cold when the  crap drains i end up getting an ear infection along with it  im getting surgrey done  next year after i have my baby to get tubes put in so i dont have to deal with this anymore

mama.samantha
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:14 PM
I read somewhere garlic oil.. you can enfuse a bit of olive oil with a crushed garlic clove then strain the oil into a bowl or something and toss the garlic, use a dropper and put 1-3 drops in each ear.. I've never actually tried it tho.. also I read vinegar (1-3 drops)....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmami316
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:03 AM

ok thanks so much ladies sorry it took so long to get  back my youngest baby is also sick and i had totake  her into the  er her fever  sky rocketed and would not go down but am glad to be back home and cleaning  my ass off  lol but i will deff try what you guys said to

carlycarson
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:34 AM
I'm up too with horrible ear pain:( try warm olive oil with a piece if a cotton ball to help hold it in. Warm wash cloth or heating pad. Hope you feel better soon:)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Wolfdragonmom
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 5:28 AM

Put 2 tablespoons of salt (plain table salt) in a folded wet rag. Heat up the rag in the microwave until it's hot. Then lay the infected side on the rag. Take a short nap. May have to repeat a few times because it cools, but it DOES work! My sister had 1 last month and I had her do all that. By the 3rd time, she said some colored liquid was practically pouring out her ear. I told her that was the infection....Hehe, I type too much. Hope you feel better!

aussiechic
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:05 AM

I've had SEVERAL this pregnancy! So freaking weird! I'm currently taking left over antibiotic ear drops cause mine hurts. :/  I wish i new some natural stuff that worked.  I was told to make sure and keep the inner ear DRY.  so no showers at night time. keep wet hair up from that side so it can dry out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)