Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

yeast infection.. kinda tmi but i need help!!!!

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:01 PM
  • 16 Replies

i think im getting/have a yeast infection... vag is REALLY swollen, but just the inner lips.. and it all itches sooo bad, to the point where im running to the bathroom every 5 mins to put a cold wet washcloth down there to try to reduce inflamation....as for discharge, its the same as it has been all thru my pregnancy ( ive had alot of the luekorea or whatever its called right from day one) and ther is no smell whatsoever the only diff is that suddenly theres alot more of it... if it is a yeast infection i think its maybe something ive had for awhile now, i noticed white blotches down there while trying to groom but at that point no itching or inflamation, and now only a couple days later its absolute hell.... however, ive had a yeast infection b4, and its nothing like this, idk what the hell is going on....and b4 i get a barrage of "go to the doctors" i have an appt in 2 days and im just trying to keep my sanity till then, i thought yeast infections were common in the 2nd trimester, not alfway through the third...... has anyone else had symptoms like this? did it turn out to be just a simple yeast infection? or something else... bf and i have both been tested for stds and at the time i got preggo we were both in perfect health so thats out... also, most importantly are there any quick fixes to make the itching bearable till i go to the doc and get prescribed something?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
livingrlovesong
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:03 PM
Walmart and other drug stores have a lot of over the counter stuff that work at least until you can get to the doctor
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:04 PM

You can put a peeled clove of garlic into your vagina overnight and remove in the morning. 

Sounds crazy, but it kills yeast as well as Group B strep.

cmommy6411
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:06 PM

run a warm bath and add a little baking soda to it when my son got one from his antibiotic thats what his doctor told me to do it helped him so it should help you. 

ShesALady
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Go to the store and buy Monistat. That's all my doctor had me do when I had one. I feel 100% better. There wasn't any changes in my discharge except more of it and the itching was awful.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
froggiebaby2010
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:12 PM

thanks, im usually at work when its gets at its worst, im guessing from being on my feet for so long, i thought about going and grabbing one of the OTC treatments but then i heard you are not supposed to use the creams or anything cuz you can get an air bubble that causes alot of damage to baby and placenta... so ive been trying to just deal with it.... but i dont even want to go to work anymore cuz it hurts to sit, it rubs and itches when i stand/walk lol ive been plopped down on the couch or in bed as spread eagled as i can get just to try to get relief, and of course BF thinks its hilarious that i cant "keep my legs closed" when im at home.... men..*sigh*

Heather2001
by Heather on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Yes, this.

Quoting Pandapanda:

You can put a peeled clove of garlic into your vagina overnight and remove in the morning. 

RedheadMama18
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:22 PM

My OB told me to use a 3-7 day Monistat pack.  It helps if I use it for 6 or 7 days.  Yeast infections are such a pain.  I didn't have them when I was pregnant with my DD as often as I get them now with DS.

bebe_ju-rah
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:25 PM
Omg! Yeasty vag + garlic, now THAT would smell awesome!! Lol

Quoting Pandapanda:

froggiebaby2010
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:31 PM

haha right? lol but im seriously to the point where im ready to try anything for even a little relief... lol im just concerned about getting it back out again... lol it would deff b my luck that it goes to far up or something and gets stuck

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

Quoting Pandapanda:

CafeMom Tickers
bebe_ju-rah
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:34 PM
Lmao! That would be fun explaining to the dr!! I don't doubt that it works but I just don't think I could bring myself to do it.

Isn't there a monistat cream that you just put on the labia to stop the itching? I don't really know, I haven't yet had the pleasure of a yeast infection.

Quoting froggiebaby2010:

haha right? lol but im seriously to the point where im ready to try anything for even a little relief... lol im just concerned about getting it back out again... lol it would deff b my luck that it goes to far up or something and gets stuck

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

Quoting Pandapanda:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured