Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Travel during pregnancy

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:57 AM
  • 13 Replies
If you have done any traveling in previous pregnancies, how far along were you and how far did you travel? Did you drive or fly to your destination? I only ask because at the beginning of may, dh's uncle and aunt are celebrating their 50th anniversary and wanted dh to dj. I will be about 33 weeks then.
Originally, they were going to celebrate in Chicago since most of their family is there but they decided to have in Miami where they live. We live in Missouri and it will be a long trip if we drive taking bathroom breaks and what not and flying would be too expensive for the four of us. Plus my kids have never been on a plane and I'm not sure how they would do.
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:01 AM

YOu'd be fine, so long as you aren't having a complicated pregnancy.

Astrachanca
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:38 AM
I think as long as you stop often to stretch and walk (and pee) you should be ok. I'd talk to your doctor about it though!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kelly617
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:38 AM

It should be fine...but I warn you...your butt and back might hurt
You might want to look into getting one of those cushy pillows or something for your back/butt

We did a 6hr trip when I was about 34wks...and while I was fine...my back was sore and I didn't want to do it again

EmmaZate
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:42 AM
Generally doctors say no travel past 28 weeks because of the risk of sending yourself into labor, and I know that many insurance companies will not pay if you are outside your area at delivery.

Clear it with your obgyn to be sure
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tms2008
by Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:32 AM
Thanks ladies for all of your replies.
japanmommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:05 AM
Depending on how you feel you'll be fine! Drink water and stretch!

I was 30 weeks when I flew from California to Minnesota for my aunts funeral first pregnancy and I was 35 weeks when I flew to the us from Japan with a toddler second pregnancy. Over 9 hours of flight and over 15 total travel ugh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anxiousschk
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:07 AM

This. 

Quoting Pandapanda:

YOu'd be fine, so long as you aren't having a complicated pregnancy.

SadiasMomma
by Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:59 AM
I'm going to Disney world in March and I'm due in May. We are driving from N.Y. I'm confident it will be ok but my husband is nervous lol its all about how comfortable you feel.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amycapl
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:25 AM

We're planning to drive from CT to TX in July for my BIL's bday.  I will be about 37 weeks then. I am freaking out JUST a bit !!!

BB0627
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:25 AM

I think it varies pregnancy to pregnancy as well as diffierent OB/GYN's have different preferences. Mine will not clear me to travel at all during my third trimester. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)