Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

3D Ultrasound

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 7:40 AM
  • 11 Replies

I'm scheduled for a 3D ultrasound today!! I'm 26 weeks.

Any advice to help get the best results?

by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 7:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Forever.pink
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:49 AM

Woo Hoo!!!!!  How exciting!!!! :)  I haven't been far along enough to get a 3D ultrasound, so I have no idea!  But here's a *BUMP*! :)

mommyof2kids306
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Drink plenty of water.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ilaynasmommy
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:57 AM
3ds are so great! I drank OJ right before.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama2gg
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:05 AM
Tons of water the more fluid baby has the better (but this is more so in the days leading up dowing water hours before really doesnt do anything cause you have to drain bladder before scan
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louzannalady
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:17 PM

The ACOG (the organization that sets the standard of care for OB/GYN's and who they should be standing by their guidelines) and many, many other health organizations state that 3D ultrasounds without medical need should be avoided, for the health and safety of your baby. 

HERE is the ACOG statement and not medically indicated ultrasounds and 3D ultrasounds and keepsake ultrasounds and study after study after study on the risks and benefits of ultrasounds, if you are interested in learning more.  

TLQSlovesME
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:19 PM

before I went to mine, the technician told me to drink Apple or Orange juice or eat a little snacl because that is what makes the baby the most active.

TLQSlovesME
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Here is a picture from mine. (I added the bow, obviously)

MrsKH
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 5:47 PM
I had some juice before it and baby was moving around and we got some great shots. I think I was around 26 weeks when I had my first one also. They are great! Such a fun experience!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommynwife26
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 5:50 PM
Drink some juice to make the baby active and enjoy! I had 4 3d ultrasounds 1 with my regular ob and 3 with a perinatalist its so amazing!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brittany208
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Go pee BEFORE you drink the amount of water they tell you to drink (I didnt know to do this the first time and was literally bawling my eyes out when we got there, I had to pee so bad).

Drink lots of water. And a little juice to help baby be active. I wore yoga pants so they would be easier to move out of the way than jeans. (didnt turn out to be necessary, since she didnt have the wand low, but I was comfy!)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN