Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you missing the potential to celebrate the new years party style?

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:44 AM
  • 30 Replies

I'm not much of a partier, but I like the occassional drink and whatnot. My friends are all off to a big party. DH and I are staying home with a few close friends, but everyone will be drinking and celebrating. I can't, of course, which is kind of bumming me out. I've never celebrated new years because I was normally driving cross country home from visiting my far away family for christmas. I am sick of being designated pregnant wife, but won't be too much longer.

So who's doing something fun to celebrate but keeping it pregnancy sober?

pregnancy
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsniebo
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:48 AM

I doubt I'll even be awake at midnight. Between taking care of a 2 yr old and being 29 weeks pregnant, I've been exhausted lately. I've never been much of a partier, so DH and I will probaby celebrate at home with a bottle of sparkling cider instead of wine.

MrsAmundson23
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:54 AM

I am going to miss the partying! I've always enjoyed New Years Eve. But I'll settle for ginger ale and hopefully will make it til midnight!

clz0213
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I didn't think about that. I should get ginger ale and put it in a chamagne glass as my bubbly drink.

Quoting MrsAmundson23:

I am going to miss the partying! I've always enjoyed New Years Eve. But I'll settle for ginger ale and hopefully will make it til midnight!

pregnancy
lulu_tattoos
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:42 PM
The plan is to celebrate at home, just the four of us, playing games and spending time together with a webcast of the ball drop.
Neither of us can drink since I need dh sober 24-7 now in case we have to drive to the hospital.

Orrrrr we could be having a baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amanda7409
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:45 PM
Happy to be staying home. I got some sparkling cranberry and we are gonna try to keep ds up till midnight :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jewmaw13
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this
My best friend lives 6 doors down from me and has a 6 mo old baby girl so df and i are bringing the kids down so they can all "play" together and we're gonna watch a couple twilight movies against poor df's wishes ;)
happysnappyJ
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this

With 4 kids, including a baby, plus being pregnant, we aren't going anywhere. We are staying home, having some family come over, and having a nice, family party to celebrate, with fireworks, awesome food, and a good time. 

RedheadMama18
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:34 PM
I don't party so I don't feel like I'm missing out! DH and I will probably hang out at home and hopefully I'll be awake at midnight. I'm almost 32 weeks and tired all the time.
ShesALady
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:58 PM
I'm 8 months and miserable so I am happy to stay home. I'm a homebody anyways.
YzmaRocks
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:14 PM
I never party and am usually asleep by 10. I am boring, lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured