Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breaking the news to the parents

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:50 PM
  • 42 Replies
1 mom liked this
I just found out I'm pregnant not to long ago and I need to break the news to my parents. We told my boyfriend parents yesterday and they are happy for us. I have a feeling my parents won't be as thrilled. What is a good way for me to tell them? Should I just blurt it out? Or should I think of something cute? Help is appreciated. Thanks.
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amy31308
by Ashlee on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:56 PM

It depends.. what are the reasonings you think they won't be happy?

tanper29
by Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:57 PM
Why wouldnt they be happy for you? How old are you?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DevanF
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I think they will just want to know my plan. And what we are going to do. I'm 20.
needsupport100
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:59 PM

That's what i was thinking-i'm guessing age is going to play a huge factor

under 18, not yet graduated from hs...um, i think that might be a better ice breaker if you tell them with just you there.

over 18-idk something cute-after all, you are an adult and old enough to support your own child

amy31308
by Ashlee on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I would maybe ge them a "grandparents to be card" so it's cute but not like screaming in their face if they are going to be disappointed. 

agrisham13mom
by Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:02 PM
Are you living in your own? Do you have a job and/or Does he have a job to support you all? If yes to those questions then why would you be worried?
DevanF
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:02 PM
Yeah that is a good idea I like that. I was thinking about waiting until I get a sonogram picture but I'm not sure when that will be.
DevanF
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:03 PM
Quoting agrisham13mom:

Are you living in your own? Do you have a job and/or Does he have a job to support you all? If yes to those questions then why would you be worried?

We do not live together I still live with my parents and I go to school but we also both work.
tanper29
by Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:04 PM
I think they'll just be more worried for you. You are still very young. I think they will be happy for you. The news will just have to sink in. If that makes sense.

Quoting DevanF:

I think they will just want to know my plan. And what we are going to do. I'm 20.
DevanF
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:05 PM
Yeah that makes complete sense. I think it's still sinking in for me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured