Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PreTerm Labor

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:51 AM
  • 7 Replies
For a few hours this afternoon I felt really heavy and a lot of pressure in my lower belly. Then I felt nauseous and now the contractions have started. Right now they are about 20 mins apart and about a minute long. I am 27 weeks. I been having contractions and BH since 16 weeks . We all know my baby will come early (35-37 weeks) but this is Wayyy too early. Could I actually be in labor ? This is my 4th baby. ( all three previous babies have been induced for serious medical reasons so I've never went into labor on my own without pitocin) so I have no idea what "labor starting feels like". Since I've been having contractions for awhile now I usually just ignore them. But these contractions really hurt and they are really uncomfortable (actually have me moaning in pain) not sure if this is what it feels like when your body starts early labor? Don't want to head to he hospital for no reason ( considering its New Year's Eve and all the drunk people will be driving around I'd rather be safe in bed)
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ashmiller101
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:54 AM
Call ur ob office and they will tell u want to do or labor and delivery they will tell u what to do. But try laying on ur left side and drinking lots of water
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ashmiller101
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:54 AM
Call ur ob office and they will tell u want to do or labor and delivery they will tell u what to do. But try laying on ur left side and drinking lots of water
bebe_ju-rah
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:55 AM
I never went into labor on my own either. Can you call you OB and ask?
MsNeene
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:00 AM
Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

I never went into labor on my own either. Can you call you OB and ask?

I know they have a number and I can call and leave a message and wait on a call back I just hate calling after hours (I know it's their job I just like my dr so much that I hate to disturb him I he is havin family time LOL weird i know) but I think in goin to give it another hour and see and if its still there I'm going to call in.
anxiousschk
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:44 AM

Call.  You're paying them, right?  You've hired this person to care for you during your pregnancy.  It's their job to answer your questions. 

Don't feel bad about calling! 

nocalmegan
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:46 AM
How do you know baby will come early? I'd call but at 27 weeks it's most likely just BH. With dd1 my BH hurt like a bitch sometimes and made me really uncomfortable.
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:53 AM

That does sound like labor. Usually with the contractions spread that far out I wouldn't worry. But if you have other issues going on, you should at least call your doctor. Also, drink a lot of water and take a warm bath and see if that stops them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)