Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sharp pain in lower abdomen? *Update*

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:01 AM
  • 4 Replies

Sorry in advance ladies, yall probably get a lot of questions similar to this but..

Earlier tonight I started noticing a sharp stinging pain on the right side of my lower abdomen. Sometimes it shoots down towards my cervix. I'm 10w4days. No spotting or cramping other than this. My first appointment is Jan. 7th. 

*Thanks ladies. I figured it was probably RLP, but I don't remember having it so early with dd. I've had it off and on today. It got bad enough I ended up calling the OB. Ugh! She was a b. Said she couldn't diagnose me over the phone, and they wouldn't even see me till 20 weeks. If it was a MC there was nothing they could do, and sometimes things like that just happen...well thanks lady that makes me feel so much better. 

Luckily, this isn't the hospital/ob that I'm going to use. Glad I chose the opposite town. Maybe they will be a little more sympathetic. Yall made me feel 100x better than L&D! 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
WonderWomanSV
by Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:36 AM

It's most likely normal growing pains. They are also called ligament something or other. I got those at about 10 weeks also. You'll get them through out your whole pregnancy. It's basically your uterus growing. If you're really concerned you can call a 24 hour hotline through your doctor's office or hospital.

bchic24
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Sounds like round ligament pain. Totally normal it's just your body stretching to make room for baby!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
screamykittycat
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Round ligament pain. When I was having it, I swore it had to be something else because it hurt so bad. I was convinced I was having a rupturing ectopic pregnancy, but nope, it was just RLP. It can be scary painful!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BabieBeat
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:15 AM
You may want to call and chat with your health care team before your appointment. Don't ever hesitate to call your doctor, midwife or health care team with any questions or concerns you may have or comments you don't understand. They are there to educate and inform you ~ that's their job!!! And always ~ and trust your gut...xo
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)