Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hy does any body sufered constipation befoure and during pregnancy

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:07 AM
  • 37 Replies
I been haveing strong constipation problems since last 3y my dr said dont worie first get pregnant then think about other problems maybe eventhat goes away,im 8weeks and still having problems i take movicol doesnt work, any advice?whats work for u?some thing natural please.pruns dosnt help:-(im drinking water but its only makes to to run to pee
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amycapl
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:14 AM

I didn't understand some of what you were saying, but my advice for constipation would be to drink LOTS more water (if you think you already drink enough, double that), add LOTS of veggies to your diet (if you think you already eat a lot of veggies, eat more anyway).  I'm surprised your provider would advise you to ignore your constipation.  You may want to find a new provider.  Also try prune juice.

UnFFnStoppable4
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:50 AM
Fiber One bars work wonders. The brownies are really good. And lots of water.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jbjb1024
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Take colace, it's a stool softner. I also take miralax. My dr said I could take it up to 3x a day but I take it once a day. I haven't had constipation issues since doing the miralax. Good luck
anxiousschk
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Drink tons more water and take something.  

Fiber bars can work, or they can just make you really gassy (that's what they do to me :) )  -- Either way, they are worth trying. 

Milk of Magnesia is some nasty stuff, but it works.  

If you haven't tried things like prune juice, go there first.  

chelseagrinn
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:11 AM

It's almost a guarantee you'll be constipated for a good while during pregnancy..just responding based off the title because I honestly can't get what your actual post is trying to say..Not to be a jerk but you can take your time typing..Just ask your doctor what they would prefer you to take to help. And a heads up, iron in prenatals will make it even harder to go. So finding a good solution is probably a good idea.

Suz_and_Ash
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:18 AM
I had brutal constipation last pregnancy. And you doc is a douche for saying that they'll figure it out once you are preg. You are limited in treatment and testing options now. Take extra fiber and drink lots of water.
happy197
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:09 PM
I drin a lot of water,movicol pushes down but then its stays there its like other end is bloked:-(i use suppostories,doesnt help.eat a lot of vegies.i had this provlem befoure prego but now i m bit of scared to use all difrent meds becouse scared to misscaredge:-(any natural salutions,pruns prune juice doesnt work oats for brekies doesnt work:-(
happy197
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:10 PM
K drink o lot bwater coms thrue pee,but dient work other waysut
mmccrea
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:11 PM

I eat an apple-skin too after at least one of my meals.  I also eat 1-2 fiber bars a day.  Fiber supplements might work too.

happy197
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Sorry im using ipad and intenet just cuts of
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)