Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what meds can i take

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:50 AM
  • 13 Replies
That's safe for baby.
I feel like I may have the flu but not positive because I've never had it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShesALady
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:54 AM
I'm not sure for the flu. The only thing I've ever taken is Tylenol. I hope you feel better soon!
junebutterfly
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:56 AM
Thank you

Quoting ShesALady:

I'm not sure for the flu. The only thing I've ever taken is Tylenol. I hope you feel better soon!
Amycapl
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:49 PM

If you think you have the flu, call your dr.  Having the flu while pregnant can be very dangerous. Drink lots of water and if you can, eat lots of fruits and veggies (they really are our best medicine!).  Othe than that, Tylenol is safe to take during pregnancy to relieve some minor symptoms.  Ibuprofen is NOT.

Turtledoves
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Tylenol based products. Theraflu. Robitussin. Sudifed if you're out of your first trimester. Mucinex.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
airforcewife90
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this

This is what my clinic sends out to all the pregnant ladies, hope it helps!

junebutterfly
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you. I called my doc he said if I'm not running a fever of at least 101.0 I prolly don't have the flu. He said I can take robitussin and Sudafed. And if I start running high fever he will prescribeTamiflu.

Quoting Amycapl:

If you think you have the flu, call your dr.  Having the flu while pregnant can be very dangerous. Drink lots of water and if you can, eat lots of fruits and veggies (they really are our best medicine!).  Othe than that, Tylenol is safe to take during pregnancy to relieve some minor symptoms.  Ibuprofen is NOT.

Emilytrademark
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Tylenol, tums, and saline nasal spray.. that's all I could take for the flu :( call up your dr. or midwife to see if they have any suggestions though. The best medicines, of course, are rest and fluids. Dehydration is more of a problem for pregnancy, so really force those fluids!

BabyFruit Ticker
junebutterfly
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Thank you. I'm 32+ weeks.

Quoting Turtledoves:

Tylenol based products. Theraflu. Robitussin. Sudifed if you're out of your first trimester. Mucinex.
naj2013
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this

i had the few a few days ago and took Robitussin

junebutterfly
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:55 PM
I don't feel like drinking anything

Quoting Emilytrademark:

Tylenol, tums, and saline nasal spray.. that's all I could take for the flu :( call up your dr. or midwife to see if they have any suggestions though. The best medicines, of course, are rest and fluids. Dehydration is more of a problem for pregnancy, so really force those fluids!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)