Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

scared for recovery vaginal delivery!!

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:16 PM
  • 28 Replies
I'm just days away from having my son, Kade. He'll be my second vaginal delivery and I'm terrified of the recovery process I'll face this time around! When I was induced with my now two year old, Scarlett- the labor, birth and recovery were all just so easy.. i'm paranoid that maybe my luck will run out! Any input from other moms who have had more than one vaginal deliveries, or advice for recovery to get "down there" healed up well?? Please let me know, I'm scared!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
heidi_val
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:18 PM
3 moms liked this
My first recovery was hard..my second recovery was so much better..my third recovery, I was walking around 10 minutes after he came out. I healed faster with each delivery.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifeforchrist
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:19 PM
2 moms liked this

generally speaking each healing period gets easier, unless you tear or something.

louzannalady
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:24 PM
1 mom liked this
My first recovery was tough. Epidural, pushing on my back, people yelling at me. I was so swollen and tore a quarter inch. I felt like I had whip lash!

My second was a bigger baby by nearly a pound! Drug free hospital water birth. Not a scratch! I could have driven home from the hospital easily two hours after he was born!!! Lol! I drove to the store and walked around with DS2 when he was three days old. I was dancing to Shakira and Ludacris in our kitchen cooking and cleaning four days pp. Sex eleven days pp....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilostmy_keys
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Witch hazel, a peri bottle w hottt water mixed with soap, essential oils, WH or just plain. Honestly, my last birth 2w ago was my easiest recovery with the excpetion of (tmi) the hemorrhoid I got from pushing out my 9lb4oz princess. Get some prepH and desitin just in case. After a week of trying every remedy out there, those two creams mixed together healed it in under 8hrs. Also, get some metamucil and stool softeners. Avoid an episiotomy at all costs. My other 3 births were in a hospital and I ended up with stitches - it was terrible but being that I birthed at home this time, I barely had a mark.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shell.bell
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:30 PM

I have had 3 vaginal deliveries and all were easy recoveries. Take advantage of sitz baths and soak your vaginal area several times a day to reduce swelling and help the healing process. I was up and around right away after my deliveries. With number 2 and 3 I never felt like I just had a baby, I felt normal.

mizzy13
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:30 PM
VERY good to hear that it can get easier with each delivery. I was afraid that this time might ruin me, but I'm glad to hear some good news. It's been looming in the back of my mind for months, and not that it would change our relationship, but I think hubby was kind of nervous about it too. Hope things go smooth this time around too!
Theemom
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:32 PM
Im considering a water birth. How was it for you? Will you do it again.

Quoting louzannalady:

My first recovery was tough. Epidural, pushing on my back, people yelling at me. I was so swollen and tore a quarter inch. I felt like I had whip lash!

My second was a bigger baby by nearly a pound! Drug free hospital water birth. Not a scratch! I could have driven home from the hospital easily two hours after he was born!!! Lol! I drove to the store and walked around with DS2 when he was three days old. I was dancing to Shakira and Ludacris in our kitchen cooking and cleaning four days pp. Sex eleven days pp....

ilostmy_keys
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:32 PM
You can find herbal after birth bath mixes online. Theyre wonderful!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Duenov30
by Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:35 PM
I worry about this as well! My first 2 years ago was also induction and also so incredibly easy including the recovery and everything! I have 34 weeks go worry about this! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kierasmommy
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:39 PM
I absolutely ADORE water birth! I would fight tooth and nail to have one again!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)