Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How soon did you take a pregnancy test?

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:19 PM
  • 46 Replies

I would be three weeks pregnant tomorrow and I took a test this morning and it was negative. I'm pretty sure I'm pregnant my body is doing weird stuff like my boobs are killing me! I think I just may of tested too early?

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JadeTigr7
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:51 PM
I felt implantation so I tested at 9DPO (3 weeks 2 days) and got a positive.

You wouldn't have symptoms of pregnancy yet its too early and generally implantation doesn't happen until 7-10 DPO.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bebe_ju-rah
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:56 PM
What the pp said. If the hcg is high enough for you to have symptoms you would get a post test. I tested at 8dpo with a digital and got a negative. Then got my positive at 10 dpo, also with a digital.
mama2gg
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:03 PM
9dpo (I know the fact I temped using a bbt not a guess) bfp 4 days before af

If you are having symptoms they are either from really WANTING to be (been there) or you are a rare women that won't test positive on a hpt ever
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RichardsMom0209
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Both times I was 3-4 days late.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
MsGrayciesMommy
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:06 PM
I conceived November 8th, and found out right before thanksgiving.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessymoka
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Got my positive 10 days DPO, 9 days was negative.
Day 10 and every day there after the line got darker and darker.
Lennox28
by Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:58 PM

I took a test at 3wks 3 days and it was negative.  I took one at 3wks 5 days and it was a very very light positive.  I'd give it a little bit longer.  :)

livingrlovesong
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:03 PM
I had every symptom in the book with this one 1-2 weeks before I tested positive with this one. Surprise baby too. So you could very well be having symptoms. I honestly thought I was going to get AF and thats why my boobs hurt so bad, turns out I was pregnant. I would give it a week and try again.
soaringflutes
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:03 PM

I tested at 6 weeks, and it was very clearly positive. 

JadeTigr7
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:08 PM

That was ovulation and the rise in progesterone.  The rise in progesterone can cause nausea, breast tenderness, moodiness, etc.  

Same symptoms as pregnancy.  You CANNOT have PREGNANCY symptoms until at least 24 hours after implantation because you don't make HcG until implantation and THAT is what causes pregnancy symptoms. 

Quoting livingrlovesong:

I had every symptom in the book with this one 1-2 weeks before I tested positive with this one. Surprise baby too. So you could very well be having symptoms. I honestly thought I was going to get AF and thats why my boobs hurt so bad, turns out I was pregnant. I would give it a week and try again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)