Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

People who have given birth naturally, come here please

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:57 PM
  • 32 Replies
1 mom liked this
Im laboring at home as long as possible, I dont want an epidural, if I go to the hospital I might give in.

What are signs I need to scuttle ro l&d? How far apart n how long will my contrax be? Any other signs besides a babys head popping out lol, thats too long, id like to pretty much get there in time to push baby out.

With my other two I had an epi around 5cm, so I dont really know. :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Turtledoves
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:00 PM
If you're afraid you'll wait too long, you can all your OB or midwife's office periodically and explain what's happening to you. They'll be able to tell you when the time is. You're supposed to call them before going to the hospital anyway.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
x_Starr_x
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Obviously if the contractions are getting closer but if you have the i gotta shit feeling your screwed and that suckers coming out then LOL I argued with a nurse once told her i had to poop she said no thats the baby coming your complete I made that poor woman get me a bed pan well behold came babys head lol I labored all day at home watching TV with my youngest when it got to the point of back to back cant stand no more I knew it was time for the hospital....of course my hubby had to stop at auto zone first to check the fluids in the car I could have killed him LOL
mama2gg
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:02 PM
Its up to when you feel ready and how far you are from hospital

Me I'm vbac and ill stay at home till I can't stand it and/or contractions are lasting 1min long , 3min apart and at least lasting for an hour non stop

But I'm only like 15-20 from my center
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kierasmommy
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:20 PM
You can look up ways to tell dilation without an internal exam. I would list them but dd needs me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CheyennesMommy2
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:30 PM
Not here, you just go in and they call your OB. But, my obs office isnt open at night, so in that case ill be waiting. I prefer to just know.

Quoting Turtledoves:

If you're afraid you'll wait too long, you can all your OB or midwife's office periodically and explain what's happening to you. They'll be able to tell you when the time is. You're supposed to call them before going to the hospital anyway.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shjchica
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Your OB's office should have an answering service you can call and request the doctor call you, explain to the answering service that you're having contractions that are so far apart, last so long, and has been going on for a period of time. They'll have the on call doctor call you back w/in 10 minutes usually.

Quoting CheyennesMommy2:

Not here, you just go in and they call your OB. But, my obs office isnt open at night, so in that case ill be waiting. I prefer to just know.

Quoting Turtledoves:

TTC2Long
I go when I hit transition. Look up the signs of transition. It was a very clear change and easy to pinpoint. I got to the hospital at 8cm, which was my goal. 2 hours later, ds was born.
CheyennesMommy2
Omgosh, thats something my husband would do! Or wait ten minutes in the car fidgeting with stuff, setting up.onstar directions ect, he does that now its incredibly annoying. Even if we know where were going >.< if he does that when im in labor oh my ...he might get hurt lol.

Yea I had my epi off at the end of my labor with.my second, I thought I was gonna crap myself lol I was freaking out, then the nurse goes "oh, darn we forgot we turned your epidural off! Silly me" 0.o you WHAT? .....but they did some booster so I didnt feel it

Quoting x_Starr_x:

Obviously if the contractions are getting closer but if you have the i gotta shit feeling your screwed and that suckers coming out then LOL I argued with a nurse once told her i had to poop she said no thats the baby coming your complete I made that poor woman get me a bed pan well behold came babys head lol I labored all day at home watching TV with my youngest when it got to the point of back to back cant stand no more I knew it was time for the hospital....of course my hubby had to stop at auto zone first to check the fluids in the car I could have killed him LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
x_Starr_x
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:50 PM
Quoting CheyennesMommy2:

Its not too bad unfortunately with my first we found out I cant do epi's its not too bad just feels like a massive poop lol that rips LOL
birdiemom
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:53 PM
This was me too. I got to the hospital at 8cm and has DS less than 2 hours later. The nurse in call said come in when you can't take the pain anymore.

Quoting TTC2Long:

I go when I hit transition. Look up the signs of transition. It was a very clear change and easy to pinpoint. I got to the hospital at 8cm, which was my goal. 2 hours later, ds was born.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)