Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Scheduled C-Section Question?

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:27 PM
  • 6 Replies

So My Scheduled C-section is in 17 days and counting(January 18th)....I have my 37 week doctor's appt tommorow. What is it going to be like? I've never made it past 36 weeks 6dys and haven't had a scheduled csection before? I've always ended up having a emergency csection. What am I to expect at this appt? Will I be having an appt next week too?(38 weeks) I'm a little nervous because at the same time as my csection I am getting a hernia repaired afterwards. Will I be having to take more recovery time? Will I be in the hospital longer? I've already made plans for my mom and BF to switch on and off while I am in the hospital to watch my 2 year old. I am getting so excited too.

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ChutterButter
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:34 PM

BUMP!

mrs.autry21
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Yes you should have an appointment this week and next week. I don't think your doctor will schedule you for another appointment 2 days before your c-section. I've always had my c-sections scheduled and only needed to stay for 2 days but stayed till the next morning. It shouldn't take anymore recovery time if anything it would take less atleast that's the way it was for me. I was up walking around the next morning once they took out the catherter and all my nurses were shocked. But I've always done great right after them,I guess I have a high pain tolerance.
doulala
by Emerald Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:39 PM
2 moms liked this

I can't say from personal experience (no cesareans here), but I think moms tend to like being able to plan ahead.      Not being in a scary rush will be calmer.  And if you have had a cesarean before then you know what that part is like mostly.    If you are going to be recovering from more than just the delivery then you might need a longer recovery, but I encourage you to make a list of all these questions and take to your normal prenatal appt which I believe should still be happening weekly.

GL!

Larsbug
by Laura on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this

the doc appts will be just seeing how you are feeling and probably talking about pain meds. my scheduled section was easy peasy... I got a spinal block, and within 4 hours I had the cathedar out, and was up walking around. I don't know your pain tolerance but I was fine with 4 ibuprofen every 6 hours... your stay will probably be 3-4 days, maybe 2 depending on how you are baby are doing. My doc said I could go home after 2 days but I stayed the extra day because of my 3 year old ( I wanted that extra day to help recover).

Cheyennesmommy4
by Christina on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:43 PM

When I had my csection with my 2 year old, I was up walking the next day after I was on Mag. Sulfate for a day(I had bad pre-e) and I was in the hospital for almost 5 days. I too have always done great after my surgeries.

Quoting mrs.autry21:

Yes you should have an appointment this week and next week. I don't think your doctor will schedule you for another appointment 2 days before your c-section. I've always had my c-sections scheduled and only needed to stay for 2 days but stayed till the next morning. It shouldn't take anymore recovery time if anything it would take less atleast that's the way it was for me. I was up walking around the next morning once they took out the catherter and all my nurses were shocked. But I've always done great right after them,I guess I have a high pain tolerance.

mrs.autry21
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:01 PM
Quoting Cheyennesmommy4:

then you should be just fine. I had nervousness with my 2nd too but I think it's normal for anyone. I have 6 weeks left until mine as I still get a sick nervousness/anxious feeling just because I can't believe its already so close an ill be habib another baby and a mom of 3! Ugh just the thought of it Ahhhhh lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)