Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

night n day confusion..help!

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:45 PM
  • 11 Replies
My doll has night day confusion I believe. She sleeps all day only wakes up to feed and after 11 pm she's up a lot longer after feeding...how can I. Change her routine gals I need to get some sleep in. My SO isn't very helpful with watching her, he's nervous about her noises and fusiness and not no mention diaper change oh lord! He does watch her while I shower, eat etc but longer than a 39 min period he's freaking out.report
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pandapanda
by Amber on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:51 PM

Don't worry about changing her normal schedule. It will eventually even out. :)

needsupport100
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:08 PM
My.dd was mixed up. She was on track by 4 weeks. I didn't stress at first but as my post parting/ release back to work approached we inched on it. We just woke up a little earlier each day so she'd want to sleep a little earlier each night
Susy5353
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:35 PM
She's 5 weeks now and its gotten worse every week. She started getting up at 11 pm and sleeping around 1ish its gotten to where she's up from 1am and taking 15 to 30 min naps until 7am that she decides its time to sleep for longer than an hour...its frustrating trying soo hard to stay awake and keep an eye on her while she's just eyes wide open :/
PEEK05
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd keep her up as much as possible during the day but make sure that she is getting some naps in there of course.  I'd leave all lights off at night, even while changing.  I would not engage like play and stimulation activities at night and only comfort and breastfeed as needed at night so she would know that night is time for sleeping.  I do this from the very beginning and so far my kids have never had any issues sleeping at night and being awake during the day.

sassysuie
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Newborns sleep a lot which is why it's so easy for them to become confused with day and night. Just try your hardest to keep her up for as long as possible during the day. Maybe invite a relative over to help you entertain her. Don't stress it too much, eventually she will get the hang of things when she starts to stay awake longer.

mmccrea
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Take her outside in the sun more often during the day.  I think that would help, the sun helps us regulate our night/day patterns. 

Susy5353
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:50 PM
Thanks ill try the no lights tonight and see how it wrks out

Quoting PEEK05:

I'd keep her up as much as possible during the day but make sure that she is getting some naps in there of course.  I'd leave all lights off at night, even while changing.  I would not engage like play and stimulation activities at night and only comfort and breastfeed as needed at night so she would know that night is time for sleeping.  I do this from the very beginning and so far my kids have never had any issues sleeping at night and being awake during the day.

lovemyhoney19
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Keeping her up during the day doesn't always work. I tried with my dd who is 4 weeks old. She still napped of course but by the end of the night she was over tired. She wakes up every hour faithfully after 10 pm and sleeps ok during the day. Needless to say I am tired and out of schedule just like her and my Dh is great about helping. Take her out for sunlight. It should help an lights off at night with little stimulation. I know it's hard because they're so darn cute to not talk to lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Susy5353
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:34 PM
Ugh u live in chicago and were in the teens these past days so im,usually putting her near the window during the day

Quoting lovemyhoney19:

Keeping her up during the day doesn't always work. I tried with my dd who is 4 weeks old. She still napped of course but by the end of the night she was over tired. She wakes up every hour faithfully after 10 pm and sleeps ok during the day. Needless to say I am tired and out of schedule just like her and my Dh is great about helping. Take her out for sunlight. It should help an lights off at night with little stimulation. I know it's hard because they're so darn cute to not talk to lol.
lovemyhoney19
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Well window is good for now. It'll help her learn the difference between day n night.

Quoting Susy5353:

Ugh u live in chicago and were in the teens these past days so im,usually putting her near the window during the day

Quoting lovemyhoney19:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)