Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How does implantation bleeding and a period differ?

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:56 PM
  • 6 Replies

Any ideas?

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
shackelford8610
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:59 PM

A period is a bright red consistent flowing blood. Inplantaton tends to be brown and is not consistent, its just spotting. You would think its the start of a period but its stops

Pandapanda
by Amber on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Implantation bleeding happens at implantation and it usually brown spotting by the time you see it. You don't see implantation bleeding after you've had a positive pregnancy test.

funhappymom
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:39 AM

What the previous two posters have said is correct. Implantation bleeding is not really bleeding, it's more spotting and many women never have any.

jridgill
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:41 AM
In my experience its usually more brown in color and sporadic. I would have it between 3-5 weeks. It lasted 5 days with one and 3 days with another.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jridgill
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:41 AM
I've had it after a positive pregnancy test with both of my youngest so it's possible.

Quoting Pandapanda:

Implantation bleeding happens at implantation and it usually brown spotting by the time you see it. You don't see implantation bleeding after you've had a positive pregnancy test.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blackcat1515
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:46 AM

period bleed is well bleeding and implantation is just spotting for a little can be pink to brown and you can have cramping. but it lasts maybe one time bathroom use to maybe a few times that day but isnt alot

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)