Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Get Ready for Baby Day 1: Baby Furniture

Posted by   + Show Post

baby gift

Today's challenge is selecting the baby furniture.

Baby furniture is often one of the most expensive baby items you'll end up buying but nowadays, the pieces you buy last for years to come. 

Some common baby furniture pieces purchased are the crib, a dresser and changing table. Cribs are often convertible into toddler beds and later can be used for foot and headboards for a twin size bed.

Looking for just the perfect piece of furniture can be exciting and fun and in the end very rewarding.

What pieces of furniture are you planning to purchase? If you've already had your baby or have already selected the furniture, how did you decide what to buy? Did you put the furniture on your baby registry or did you purchase it yourself?

If you haven't signed up for the Get Ready for Baby Challenge yet, you can do so here

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Replies (21-30):
prdmomnarmywife
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:01 PM
Mil gave us the crib & step mil gave us her dresser from when she was a baby :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mamalove619
I'm going to have to buy another crib seeing as I have a 7 month old and I'm pregnant again. My DD won't be done with her crib when the new baby arrives. I will be buying it myself mostlikely off a facebook yard sale site or craigs list like I did with DD.
LoriAnn87

We didn't have to buy any furniture because the dresser and changing table is from my first son and we are using them again. The crib in my in laws got us because the one we used for our first was recalled so many times we decide to get rid of it and get something new. Everything came from babie r us.

sco7281
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:02 PM
I bought mine from various places. I bought a convertible crib from burlington coat factory. I bought a glider from target. I decided on the crib because it has an attatched changing table with drawers for storage and converts into a bed for later and well its just so pretty. I didnt really register for furniture mainly the excersaucer and little doo dads. We cant wait to get the baby home to start using it all.
weberbaby
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:03 PM

We recieved all our furniture as gifts.  We have a crib and armoir.  No changing table and won't get one.  We just don't need it.

fran23
Its still early enough for me. Ive been considering craigslist finds, as I have seen some great pieces in new condition. If we dont go that route we will just buy brand new from somewhere like Target. We will need to buy a crib, a dresser, and a changing table. But no matter what, we will be paying for it; I wouldnt expect our family and friends to buy something like that.
CafeMom Tickers
jenniferlee_12

I have all the stuff from my son, so I don't have to buy any furniture. I just had to put the crib back to a crib.

mrs.gosnell
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:04 PM

i have a crib & pack & play on my registry at babies r us. me and my husband decided on the furniture for our son together.

lanismommy2010
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:05 PM
We will probably buy all new furniture except a new changing table. New crib and dresser though. Probably from Walmart or baby depot.
PEEK05
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:05 PM

No furniture. We bedshare for at least the first 6 months. We already have a crib that my 20 month old son is using so when the baby is ready to move to a crib, we already have fun.  We purchased it ourselves while pregnant with our son.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)