Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Get Ready for Baby Day 1: Baby Furniture

Posted by   + Show Post

baby gift

Today's challenge is selecting the baby furniture.

Baby furniture is often one of the most expensive baby items you'll end up buying but nowadays, the pieces you buy last for years to come. 

Some common baby furniture pieces purchased are the crib, a dresser and changing table. Cribs are often convertible into toddler beds and later can be used for foot and headboards for a twin size bed.

Looking for just the perfect piece of furniture can be exciting and fun and in the end very rewarding.

What pieces of furniture are you planning to purchase? If you've already had your baby or have already selected the furniture, how did you decide what to buy? Did you put the furniture on your baby registry or did you purchase it yourself?

If you haven't signed up for the Get Ready for Baby Challenge yet, you can do so here

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Replies (241-247):
BWG_2013
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:47 PM

I have already bought and put together my crib with my BD! We got it at Walmart and it is the kind that you can turn into a toddler bed and later use for headboard and foot board! We had fun putting it together with each other! It is so nice seeing a crib in the nursery now! :)

SarineLewis
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Already have!
Got a bassinet from a lady at church
Mom will be bringing a crib that changes up when she comes
Already have dresser
Got a rocking chair at a yard sale (great price too!)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tryingmommy1984
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:31 PM

I want something like this

abbysmama13
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I was given a crib and a swing by a neighbor. along with a crib mattress and a sheet, a bumper and comforter. and since i dont really have money for a dresser she will be sharing with my little brother :)

Kmom32012
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:35 AM
I actually was given a changing table and crib by my friend. She is so sweet, and I am just thankful to her. I got rid of everything after my first two children because we weren't planning on having another one, until I was established in my career after college, and that's if we decided too. But, the good Lord has a way of surprising us with our children, so here we are expecting our third child! We are excited! I just graduated with my BS in Social Work, and I haven't started working yet! I probably won't until the fall. My 4 soon to be 5 year old will be starting kindergarten, and my oldest will be in third grade. So, that will be a good time. I am thinking about putting up the crib and purchasing an all in one pack and play because our room is just to small for everything. So, that and a glider rocker will be our two purchases for furniture for the baby!
junemom13
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:43 PM

i got my baby furniture from craigs list and family members who had babies that out grew everything 

ashybaby87
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:26 PM

We're starting over with our 2nd so we need it all: Crib, Dresser, Baby Swing, Etc. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)