Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Get Ready for Baby Day 1: Baby Furniture

Posted by   + Show Post

baby gift

Today's challenge is selecting the baby furniture.

Baby furniture is often one of the most expensive baby items you'll end up buying but nowadays, the pieces you buy last for years to come. 

Some common baby furniture pieces purchased are the crib, a dresser and changing table. Cribs are often convertible into toddler beds and later can be used for foot and headboards for a twin size bed.

Looking for just the perfect piece of furniture can be exciting and fun and in the end very rewarding.

What pieces of furniture are you planning to purchase? If you've already had your baby or have already selected the furniture, how did you decide what to buy? Did you put the furniture on your baby registry or did you purchase it yourself?

If you haven't signed up for the Get Ready for Baby Challenge yet, you can do so here

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Replies (31-40):
BraeBaysMom
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:06 PM
We will be buying a crib, dresser, swing, carseat, and stroller n we will buy it ourselves :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeautyFromPain
I just purchased a Co Sleeper to help with breastfeeding at night.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Twisted_Halo
Planning to buy a convertible crib and dresser for baby
janessa27

We are going to get a convertible sleigh crib and changing table. This is my 3rd pregnancy and our 2nd wore those two items out. Plus we had a lighter colored wood- and I want the dark wood. I might register but I honestly don't want or need a baby shower. This is our 3rd boy so we have all kinds of clothes and things for him already:)

pregnancy week by week
edjasgin78
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:07 PM

We have only bought a pack n play and I am due next week.  We are thinking about doing a nursery down the road baby will share our room for a long time anyway.

summerbear
by Rachel on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:07 PM
We bought a crib that has a changing table and dresser attached for dd2. She never used it. Ds didn't either. The crib is less than 3 years old and it is still brand new. So we will use that for baby.
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lizzys_mommy13
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:07 PM
I put all of our furniture on our registry because our parents wanted to buy a couple of the bigger items for us. Most of it we bought ourselves though. For me, the biggest thing was the crib. I am picky about items like that, so picking it was a bit rough. I chose our crib by reading reviews, feeling how sturdy it was and then shopping around for the best buy on it.
ImNotKarl
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:09 PM

I picked out a matching set from Wayfair, which includes a 4-in-1 crib, changing table, 3 drawer dresser, and glider with ottoman, all in walnut. I went with what had good reviews, high material and safety standards, and was in the color I liked. It's all in my registry, but there is a note on the registry that anyone who wants to chip in cash for the baby furniture can pitch in any amount in place of a gift, or get us nothing at all if they want. We can buy it on our own when the time gets closer.

tessyok
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:09 PM
We plan getting a crib and dresser. I don't think we need a changing table. All purchases will be done before the end of May as baby is due to come in july.
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:10 PM

We aren't purchasing any new furniture :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)