Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Get Ready for Baby Day 1: Baby Furniture

Posted by   + Show Post

baby gift

Today's challenge is selecting the baby furniture.

Baby furniture is often one of the most expensive baby items you'll end up buying but nowadays, the pieces you buy last for years to come. 

Some common baby furniture pieces purchased are the crib, a dresser and changing table. Cribs are often convertible into toddler beds and later can be used for foot and headboards for a twin size bed.

Looking for just the perfect piece of furniture can be exciting and fun and in the end very rewarding.

What pieces of furniture are you planning to purchase? If you've already had your baby or have already selected the furniture, how did you decide what to buy? Did you put the furniture on your baby registry or did you purchase it yourself?

If you haven't signed up for the Get Ready for Baby Challenge yet, you can do so here

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Replies (41-50):
AmberMerrell
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:11 PM
We will be changing our 3 yr old dd to a bigger bed soon & converting her toddler bed back to a crib. We already have an extra dresser we will be using. We won't be buying a changing table, but are considering a pack-n-play with one connected to it. All of our stuff will be coming from Wal-Mart or Target & we will be buying it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wkukid
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:12 PM

I've already ordered my rocker but we still need a crib, changing table and a dresser.

Princess.Sara
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:13 PM

I bought a playpen with a bassinet and changing station at a consignment sale, we are tight on room so we needed something that took the least amount of room. Then DH's grandma gave us a bassinet. And LO will be sharing a closet and dresser with his big brother.

TNmommaof1
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:13 PM
I am going to get a bassinet to start with. A friend is going to give me her crib, just have to get a mattress. I did put some furniture on my registry.
WonderWomanSV
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Baby will be in Mommy and Daddy's room for at least a year, so we are just getting a bassinet to start with.
lanys_mom
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:17 PM
Someone is giving us a brand new crib and mattress. I don't know what else we are getting yet. I'm waiting to get the crib in the house to see how much space I'm going to have for a dresser since our futon is in the baby's room.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sj3starz
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:18 PM
I have yet to have my baby. We do need a new crib. The screws on my daughters crib are stripped. When we move we will most likely have to break the crib to get it out of the apartment. Other than that, we have bought a dresser set from a friend that was used. I have put cribs on my registry, but mostly so I can get a discount rather than have someone else buy it. Other than the crib we aren't planning on buying anything else. :-)
FarmGirl2B
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:20 PM
All I need is a dresser, which I will buy from Walmart. I will be on the lookout for an upgrade. It seems all the cool stuff on craigslist gets snapped up right away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HamBergerMama
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:20 PM
We purchased a crib for our first, but were given changing table, bassinet and dressed :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
echupko
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:20 PM
Just a dresser. My kids don't sleep in cribs! Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)