Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Get Ready for Baby Day 2: Baby Gear

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:02 AM
  • 220 Replies

Today's challenge is purchasing baby gear.

There is so much baby gear out there, it can become overwhleming just thinking about it. It's hard to know what you should or shouldn't purchase or what to put on your gift registery. 

Baby gear includes car seats, bouncers, high chairs, walkers, swings, carriers, strollers. You need to decide what brand and style you want of each of those.

Do you want a convertible car seat, an infant car seat or a travel system with car seat and stoller together? Do you want wooden high chair, a plastic high chair or one that you use on a chair? Do you really need a swing or walker? What kind of carrier do you want? What is the best for your little one?

Take some time to visit several different stores and 'test' out their choices before making a decision. Do some online research, including searching the recent recalls. Ask your friends and family for recommendations. Ask for recommendations here in the Pregnancy group or on the Babies group.

What kind of baby gear are you buying? How will you decide what is right for you and your baby? Do you put these items on a baby registery and hope someone else purchases them? If you've already had your baby, what baby gear did you chose to buy?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it hereIf you haven't signed up for the Get Ready for Baby Challenge yet, you can do so here.

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ctaylor1211
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:10 AM

I will be getting the travel system just not positive which one yet its between a regular travel system and the jogging stroller travel system.  I will get the boon high chair.  I will get the bjorn carrier.  I will be getting the papasan graco swing and bouncer. 

RheaF
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:13 AM

I will be buying a new stroller, and an ERGO baby carrier. Other than that I have everything.

sammywantsababy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:16 AM

for all the first time moms-to-be...make sure to get the rock n play sleeper!! It's AMAZING!!!! U can fold it up and throw it in the car to bring to peoples' houses and the baby loves it! My favorite baby product we ever had!!

GypsiSky
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:18 AM

We will buy a jogging stroller, undecided on the carrier brand at this time. We pretty much have to buy eVerythng new.

RichardsMom0209
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:18 AM

We already have everything from my first pregnancy. Except a infant car seat. I'm going to get a baby trend to match my jogger stroller.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
ninastone

We aren't buying any new baby gear for this guy... We have all of our stuff from DD1&2 still.

wintersdaughter
We're going to get a new convertible car seat for my ds so that we can use our travel system for the new baby. Other than that I added things to the registry figuring that I can USSR my old hand me downs if I don't get it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Peytonsmommy310
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:19 AM
Chicco keyfit and I will probably get a new carrier ergo or becco
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3mommy2004
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:19 AM

I found a jogger stroller travel system with car seat in purple!  Totally love it!

courtneycra
by Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:19 AM
wilL be buying a new stroller everything else we have. But looking for a double one for both ny 19 mo old and the new baby.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)