Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Get Ready for Baby Day 2: Baby Gear

Posted by   + Show Post

Today's challenge is purchasing baby gear.

There is so much baby gear out there, it can become overwhleming just thinking about it. It's hard to know what you should or shouldn't purchase or what to put on your gift registery. 

Baby gear includes car seats, bouncers, high chairs, walkers, swings, carriers, strollers. You need to decide what brand and style you want of each of those.

Do you want a convertible car seat, an infant car seat or a travel system with car seat and stoller together? Do you want wooden high chair, a plastic high chair or one that you use on a chair? Do you really need a swing or walker? What kind of carrier do you want? What is the best for your little one?

Take some time to visit several different stores and 'test' out their choices before making a decision. Do some online research, including searching the recent recalls. Ask your friends and family for recommendations. Ask for recommendations here in the Pregnancy group or on the Babies group.

What kind of baby gear are you buying? How will you decide what is right for you and your baby? Do you put these items on a baby registery and hope someone else purchases them? If you've already had your baby, what baby gear did you chose to buy?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it hereIf you haven't signed up for the Get Ready for Baby Challenge yet, you can do so here.

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Replies (21-30):
amberlavine
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:31 AM
already having gone through purchasing and deciding about baby gear with my son, I think it will be easier to know what we need this time. such as we will be purchasing the same brand of high chair, which is super easy to clean durable and inexpensive. also I want a baby carrier or baby sling for this baby since I did not have 1 for my son. I do not think I will be putting any large items on the baby registry.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lbluv20
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:32 AM
The only gear I'm purchaseing are baby carriers. I'd like a MEI tie AND AN ERGO. I will be getting a highchair later on once the baby needs one.
Duenov30
by Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:32 AM
I think I'm going straight with convertible seat this time so ill def need to buy that!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aecklar813
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:33 AM

I still have all my baby gear from our first. I'll be buying a new car seat and pack and play. I'd like a new swing but it's not a necessity. I do want a new exersaucer though. 

CafeMom Tickers
weberbaby
We already have all our gear. But when we got it we did have it on our registry and it was all gifted to us.
edjasgin78

I needed everything so I made a registry but bought everything myself over time.  I did tons of research on every product and based on reviews ended up buying mostly Graco products.

Lizzys_mommy13
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:34 AM
I put everything on my registry. We have family that like to help with bigger items, but my registry also makes a good list for us too. That way we don't forget anything and we can quickly locate items we have been watching. I always look at ratings of products as well as price. As far as travel systems to, I learned the hard way that they are super bulky and really not worth the purchase. Especially if you have a small car. I tend to buy the car seat and stroller separate.
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:34 AM

I would love to have a mei tai this time!

AmberMerrell
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:34 AM
I just seen this in a magazine the other day & am totally wanting to get one!

Quoting sammywantsababy:

for all the first time moms-to-be...make sure to get the rock n play sleeper!! It's AMAZING!!!! U can fold it up and throw it in the car to bring to peoples' houses and the baby loves it! My favorite baby product we ever had!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenniferlee_12
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:35 AM

All the gear from my son is still safe and not expired so I will be using that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN