Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Get Ready for Baby Day 2: Baby Gear

Posted by   + Show Post

Today's challenge is purchasing baby gear.

There is so much baby gear out there, it can become overwhleming just thinking about it. It's hard to know what you should or shouldn't purchase or what to put on your gift registery. 

Baby gear includes car seats, bouncers, high chairs, walkers, swings, carriers, strollers. You need to decide what brand and style you want of each of those.

Do you want a convertible car seat, an infant car seat or a travel system with car seat and stoller together? Do you want wooden high chair, a plastic high chair or one that you use on a chair? Do you really need a swing or walker? What kind of carrier do you want? What is the best for your little one?

Take some time to visit several different stores and 'test' out their choices before making a decision. Do some online research, including searching the recent recalls. Ask your friends and family for recommendations. Ask for recommendations here in the Pregnancy group or on the Babies group.

What kind of baby gear are you buying? How will you decide what is right for you and your baby? Do you put these items on a baby registery and hope someone else purchases them? If you've already had your baby, what baby gear did you chose to buy?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it hereIf you haven't signed up for the Get Ready for Baby Challenge yet, you can do so here.

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Replies (211-220):
Cheeks09
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 4:15 PM

We Have tons of baby girls stuff if we have a girl again! our first is 15 months. but we will need a new baby car seat, we gave our first one away to someone who needed it! :o)  i know we will be looking at JC pennys and a few others. we will not be doing the travel system, we didnt with our daughter and did just fine. cant really afford all that. If we have a boy, we will be getting a new high chair. i LOVED my daughters, i will get the same but in boy version! :o) its one that sits on a chair. we loved it!! Graco is the brand! got it from target!! :o)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers

SarahMommie
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Do you want a convertible car seat, an infant car seat or a travel system with car seat and stoller together? Do you want wooden high chair, a plastic high chair or one that you use on a chair? Do you really need a swing or walker? What kind of carrier do you want? What is the best for your little one?

I forgot about a new carseat!! I like to have an infant carseat first and then the convertable one..I use a chair high chair i like those the best.  I do really need a swing it helps I breastfeed and sometimes its nice for something else to rock the baby while I am tending to the other kids.  I have a sling its a jellybean and I LOVE it!!!

bodhibear
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:44 PM

This is baby #2 and am looking for a booster for the toddler so newborn can have convertible car seat.  Gave the bouncer away so looking for a second hand svan one or other one in that style.  We'll buy both of those items ourselves.  Other than that my husband and I are both baby wearers and still have 2 carriers a piece that our first one lived in.

tyleroy
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:10 PM

A car seat and a stroller are all I really need.

butterflyk1ssez
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:11 PM

we will be buying the car seat, co-sleeper, and crib (if we find we need one past 6 months), and we will also be purchasing a convertible car seat. We will not be putting these on a registry because we do not feel the ned for our family to buy us the big things. We want them to buy clothes and the fun stuff. We are just going by what we found really useful for us when our first born who will be a month shy of his brother being born.

Pregnancy Ticker

Cbrice5
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:48 AM
We are looking to get a travel system and an extra base for the other car. We're looking for safety and comfort in our choices, I have been reviewing each item on multiple sites to determine which one we would like to include on our registry. We would like to buy something that is going to last seeing as this is our first!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BWG_2013
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:54 PM

We have been very blessed so far with hand-me-downs from family. We have been given two highchairs! One plastic and one that sits in a chair. They also gave us a swing, a baby tub, and bouncer. The rest of the stuff I have put on my registry (diapers.com) or we are going to pick out ourselves! 

tryingmommy1984
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:33 PM

I want to get a travel system not sure what one but I want something like that. I want all the stuff that comes with a baby lol

abbysmama13
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:29 PM

i got a regular travel system with a free diaper bag :) its nice to know you can still get free stuff these days lol havent gotten anything else. i was given a swing by my neighbor, not really crazy about it but its one less thing i have to buy :) 

junemom13
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:46 PM

we put everything we needed on our baby registry and looked on craigs list because we have little to no money

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN