Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Get Ready for Baby Day 3: Feeding Supplies-WIN a Bonus Prize

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:53 AM
  • 214 Replies

Today's challenge is selecting the feeding supplies.

No matter how you are chosing to feed your baby, whether by bottle or by breast, there are supplies to get ready.

If you are formula feeding, some items you'll need to purchase- bottles and nipples, formula, burp clothes and a bottle warmer.

If you are breastfeeding, some things you may need to purchase- nursing bras, breast pump, storage bags, bottles and nipples, bottle warmer, nursing pads-either disposable or washable ones and burp clothes. You may even decide that you don't need any of those items.

When chosing bottles and nipples, you'll want to consider purchasing several different brands to try with baby. 

What is on your list of feeding supplies to buy? If you've already had your baby, what would add to the above lists? What was your baby's favorite brand of bottle?

One mom who replies to this post will win a CafeMom Shopping Tote.

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it hereIf you haven't signed up for the Get Ready for Baby Challenge yet, you can do so here.

Official Rules

• The Pregnancy Giveaway starts 1/12/2013 at 8:00am (ET) and ends 1/31/2013 at 11:00pm (ET) (the "GiveawayPeriod").
  • Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.
  • Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.
  • One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries entries to receive a CafeMom Shopping Tote.
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 2/7/2013.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mzwest83
by Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Burp clothes. I want to get the new babe bottles but not out yest. I already have a breast pump

KristinCarr
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:57 AM
I love Playtex drop ins I can't imagine using anything else since it reduces washing bottle just washing nipples . I plan to breast feed anyways but eventually will be pumping so daddy can help
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KristinCarr
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:59 AM
Oh and a breast pump. My sister let me borrow her Madela pump in style but she sold it so I'm kinda screwed I really don't want to spend that much on a pump especially when my last two attempts to breast feed failed. Ugh
williammom132
by Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:59 AM
I'm getting the breastflow bottles from walmart
kman88
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Im hoping to breastfeed so i will be getting nursing bras and a pump, plus anything else suggested to me...a friend of ours said be prepared for all his daughters bottle warmers and that kind of stuff so after that i will see what we need.

tessyok
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Honestly I've not thought of the feeding supplies but I'll definitely breastfeed!
mama2gg
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Boobs
Boob pads
Nipple lotion
Pump (for emergency like me in hospital for illness what have you)
Milk bags
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma_hambrook
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:06 AM
My daughter is ebf so all I have is a breast pump and some breastfeed bottles..
.KFeatherable.
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:06 AM
I breast feed and will more than likely formula feed after 6 months old.
I have already bought a manual breast pump during this pregnancy, but I always have an electric double pump.
I will have to buy new bottles soon, so that family can feed baby. My favorite are the playtex drop ins.
I also bought a new boppy pillow as well!
Duenov30
by Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Bottles burp clothes formula holder if breast feeding doesn't work well like it didn't with my son
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)