Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Get Ready for Baby Day 4: Baby Clothing

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 8:34 AM
  • 182 Replies

Today's activity is selecting the baby clothing.

Picking out baby clothes can be fun and exciting. It can also be overwhelming and exhausting. There are so many selections out there. 

Clothes possibilities for boys range from shirts and pants to one piece outfits and sleepers. Clothing possibilities for girls range from dresses, to shirts, skirts and pants to one piece outfits and sleepers. 

If you live in a colder climate you'll want to pick up some onesies for layering and coat or jacket. Remember when looking for a coat, you don't want something that will be too thick, as it can interfere with the car seat working properly.

If you are having a hospital or birth center birth, you'll also want to consider picking out a going home outfit.

Don't forget you can save some money on clothes by shopping thrift stores, consignment shops or yard/garage sales.

How many outfits will you buy baby? Where do you find most of your baby's outfits? Did you pick out a going home outfit yet? Post photos of your favorite, must have clothes and your baby's going home outfit.

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Get Ready for Baby Challenge yet, you can do so here.

by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 8:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RhondaVeggie
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 8:38 AM
I get a lot from Carter's. The stuff is great quality and they often have good sales.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Jan. 13, 2013 at 8:39 AM

I usually buy 5-6 pajamas, a sleep sack, and a few onesies for baby when they're little. 

lillucky8
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 8:42 AM
We didnt buy alot before my babies were born. We had parties for each and accepted lots of handmedowns. My kids flew thru sizes at first so i didnt want to buy things they wouldnt wear. And every baby is different in what they like.

My dd was and still is always cold so she likes layers, a onsie under everything, or now a tshirt under everything. My ds is the opposite, he hates being too warm, he hates fleece pjs, so he gets one layer only and cotton jammies instead of fleece. He is five months and almost into size 18mos so thats why we dont buy too much lol

Dds coming home outfit was a pink vellor sweatsuit that said princess and ds had a super cute three piece outfit with green dinosaurs :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
connor12907
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 8:47 AM

We will get most of our clothing from a local consignment store. We don't know gender for another week, but will go crazy then! :)

TwiPottermommy
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 8:48 AM
I will buy a could packs of onsies, a few pjs, and honestly, outfits will come as I see cute things so there is no telling what I will end up with!! I have not picked a going home outfit and won't until we find out the sex of the baby. I usually shop at Walmart, babies r us and Kmart as far as clothes go.
dusty_707
by Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 8:48 AM

I go to several places.. walmart, khols, goodwill..  anything i buy has to be on sale and cute.. If i am having a boy i wont have to buy anything.. but if i am having a girl i will have to buy almost everything clothing wise

Peytonsmommy310
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 8:56 AM
I do several places mostly target and once upon a child! Not sure how many outfits I tend to go overboard
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crazbt4
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 8:57 AM
I love having my friends give me their gently used baby clothes. We aren't buying a lot for baby girl yet. My family has bought a good amount of clothes for baby so far, I will buy as we need this time. Limited space and money make it harder to buy a lot.
TDausman
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:02 AM
I'm washing baby clothes now :). We have lots left over from our two and five year olds! The only thing we need to buy is a coming home outfit for baby girl. DH and I always go shopping and out to dinner and pick out an outfit together :).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma_hambrook
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:23 AM
We bought a ton of clothes before she arrived 0-12 months and a couple 18 & 24 months... Her coming home outfit was just indie and pants...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN