Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Get Ready for Baby Day 5: Diapering Supplies

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:43 AM
  • 189 Replies

Today's activity is purchasing the diapering supplies.

Whether you are cloth diapering or using disposables, you will need to start your diaper supply shopping before baby gets here.

If you are using disposables, you'll want to have a couple packs on hand. Keep in mind that sometimes babies are allergic to certain brands, so you may want to purchase a couple different brands, just in case. You'll also want to make sure you have wipes on hand, too and possibly a wipe warmer. You may also want to get some diaper rash cream, too.

If you are using cloth, you'll want to start buying your stash now. There are many different kinds of cloth diapers out there-AIO, pocket, covers, flats, fitted, prefolds, etc. It's suggested that you get a couple of each until you are able to decide what kind works best for you and baby. You'll also want to make sure you have cloth diaper safe laundry soap on hand. You'll also need wipes-either disposable or cloth and a cloth diaper safe diaper rash cream. 

What kind of diapers are you using? Have you already started buying them? If you've already had your baby, what brand or kind of diaper are you using?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Get Ready for Baby Challenge yet, you can do so here.

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama-smurf
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Newborn im using disposables. After im using cloth.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brittany208
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:45 AM

We are switching to cloth this time. Have not bought anything yet, but have done LOTS of research and pinned some things I want to buy. Going to start with a mix of a bunch of different type of cloth diaper so I can see what we like before I buy a bunch of one kind.

Steph925
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:48 AM
What kind of diapers are you using? Disposable

Have you already started buying them?
Yes I have a box of newborn and 4 bags of size 1 and a bag of size 2

If you've already had your baby, what brand or kind of diaper are you using?
I will be using either Huggies or luvs
imjustme28
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:50 AM

i haven't started any shopping yet but i plan on using Huggies. hopefully baby will adjust well to them. i used them with my first and they were the best.

scarletlolita76
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:51 AM
We have a few disposables someone gave us but we are going to be using AIO OS for this little guy! Gotta get crackin on building up our stash!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cemcnair
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:57 AM
I have the cloth diapers I used on my son. We will use those again :)
MamaBear2cubs
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:57 AM

I love Luvs and Pampers.

heatherd09
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:58 AM
We are using pampers swaddlers right now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoriAnn87

huggies

sco7281
For now we will be using what we got from the baby shower. We got quite a few different brands of wipes and diapers and different sizes. After lo is born we will decide which to use exclusively.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN