Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Get Ready for Baby Day 7: Pack your Bags/Gather your Supplies

Posted by   + Show Post

Today's challenge is to pack your bags or gather your supplies.

Right around the 35 week mark, you should start putting together your hospital or birth center bag. If you are having a Home Birth, you'll want to ensure you have all your supplies that you'll need, as well as any food and drinks, you'll want during labor and after.

Some suggestions for your hospital/birth center bag are music to listen to during labor, a book to read, cards or other games to play, crossword or soduko books, clothes for you, clothes for baby, soap and shampoo for you, slippers, socks. If you prefer a certain kind of sanitary pad, you'll want to bring those, too. If you cloth diaper, you'll want to bring enough diapers for at least two days. You'll also want your cell phone and charger and your camera with extra batteries or the charger for your battery. 

What will you put in your bag? If you are home birthing, what kind of supplies do you want to have on hand? If you've already had your baby, what would you suggest moms to be bring with them? If you've had a home birth, do you have any suggestions for others who are home birthing?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Get Ready for Baby Challenge yet, you can do so here.

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:36 AM
Replies (11-20):
Duenov30
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:04 AM
For me ill have clothes underwear shampoo toothbrush an toothpaste charger camera ipad mini my baby is due in the summer so probably a summer dress to wear and deodorant
Baby will have a going home outfit diapers wipes blanket even though its summer probably won't be needed and idk what else!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
summerbear
by Rachel on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:06 AM
Nail clippers for baby. Both coming home outfits. Several gender neutral onesies and sleepers. Pens for my puzzle books. Focal picture.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abigailesmommy
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Last time I went into labor I brought my own disposable delivery gown. I loved it and will definately have that on me. I will also have some comfy clothes. Outfits for the baby, laptop with cord, and camera. 

monkeybelle83
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Gosh, I haven't even begun to think about this yet! lol I'm only 15 Weeks!

PEEK05
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:09 AM

I am just putting a couple things in my bag. Camera, toiletries, and clothes for me and baby.

FarmGirl2B
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:12 AM
Snacks, nursing bra, makeup and toiletries, phone charger, socks and underwear for DH, baby's diaper bag with 2 outfits, baby book, thick blanket for the cold weather.
ninastone
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:12 AM

I have clothes for DH and I; personal care products like shampoo, conditioner, etc.; 2 sets of clothes for baby; nursing bras/pads/lanolin.  I like to use as much from the hospital as I can.

ctaylor1211
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:12 AM

First and foremost I am bringing a laptop.  I am having a c-section so I will need something to do for a couple days.  I will bring gowns socks undies nursing bras.  I will also bring shampoo and soap and conditioner of course.  I will also bring my ipod and some cards to play games and sudoku I'll need my phone and charger I wont need batteries.  I will bring boppy pillow and my own pillow. 

XpectTwins92808
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:13 AM
Packed in bag:
A book
IPod
Babys take home outfit
My go home outfit
A nightgown
Cellphone charger
Camera and extra batteries.
Babybook
Brush and makeup
Chocolate!
ID and medical cards
Pediatricians #

I think that was it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cemcnair
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:13 AM
I need to get the going home outfit for baby, and then pack everything!
I also need to pack the emergency water breaking bag for the car so I don't have to be in wet clothes if it breaks while I'm out and about!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN