Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Get Ready for Baby Day 7: Pack your Bags/Gather your Supplies

Posted by   + Show Post

Today's challenge is to pack your bags or gather your supplies.

Right around the 35 week mark, you should start putting together your hospital or birth center bag. If you are having a Home Birth, you'll want to ensure you have all your supplies that you'll need, as well as any food and drinks, you'll want during labor and after.

Some suggestions for your hospital/birth center bag are music to listen to during labor, a book to read, cards or other games to play, crossword or soduko books, clothes for you, clothes for baby, soap and shampoo for you, slippers, socks. If you prefer a certain kind of sanitary pad, you'll want to bring those, too. If you cloth diaper, you'll want to bring enough diapers for at least two days. You'll also want your cell phone and charger and your camera with extra batteries or the charger for your battery. 

What will you put in your bag? If you are home birthing, what kind of supplies do you want to have on hand? If you've already had your baby, what would you suggest moms to be bring with them? If you've had a home birth, do you have any suggestions for others who are home birthing?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Get Ready for Baby Challenge yet, you can do so here.

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:36 AM
Replies (151-160):
jeh81489
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:15 PM

I will be having a hospital birth, I am am only 10 weeks pregnant so I have not packed any bags.

expecting baby

oldfashioned75
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:38 PM

Clothes for me and baby, a hair brush and a little makeup, a comfortable gown or pajamas

ryssa123
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:43 PM

pj's comfy clothes for dad tolitriers clothes for baby chargers for cameras and phones

SarineLewis
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:30 PM
I suppose I should pack mine. Lol. I'm almost 37 weeks. (Ds was late so I keep forgetting to pack it)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BWG_2013
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:34 PM

I will be packing:

• Ipod/charger
  • Changes of clothes for me and baby
  • A toiletry bag with shampoo/conditioner, body wash, face wash, toothbrush/paste, and deoderant
  • Slip on shoes and socks
  • Pads
  • Cell phone charger
  • All diapering stuff for baby/ coming home outfit

Also my BD will pack a bag with all his stuff too!

QsMomma11
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 5:13 PM
I will just be packing clothes and baby book and snacks, for me. Baby will have a few diff outfits.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommy9180
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:37 AM

I plan on packing all of my normal cosmetics, clothes for the baby, clothes for myself (even looking at labor gowns), nursing bras and pads, camera, video camera (hubby will be "catching baby") cell phone, charger, laptop & charger, 

srj-7128
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:08 AM
I still have a while so I haven't thought much about what all I will pack yet! I know if like to take some personal items such as my toothbrush hair brush razor etc and some comfy clothes for me and of course something cute for our baby to wear home. Other than that I haven't really made a list or put too much thought into it yet!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
junemom13
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:41 PM

im planning on bringing my bf's stress ball, toothbrush,  hairbrush, socks, phone and charger, clothes, camera, nursing pads, baby socks, onesie, bring home outfit, hat, mittens, blanket, carseat

no bottlesor nuks because i want to breast feed only and the hospital supplies all the diapers i will need

iluvPrestonG
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Night gown, babies clothes, underwear, socks, pads
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured