Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Get Ready for Baby Day 7: Pack your Bags/Gather your Supplies

Posted by   + Show Post

Today's challenge is to pack your bags or gather your supplies.

Right around the 35 week mark, you should start putting together your hospital or birth center bag. If you are having a Home Birth, you'll want to ensure you have all your supplies that you'll need, as well as any food and drinks, you'll want during labor and after.

Some suggestions for your hospital/birth center bag are music to listen to during labor, a book to read, cards or other games to play, crossword or soduko books, clothes for you, clothes for baby, soap and shampoo for you, slippers, socks. If you prefer a certain kind of sanitary pad, you'll want to bring those, too. If you cloth diaper, you'll want to bring enough diapers for at least two days. You'll also want your cell phone and charger and your camera with extra batteries or the charger for your battery. 

What will you put in your bag? If you are home birthing, what kind of supplies do you want to have on hand? If you've already had your baby, what would you suggest moms to be bring with them? If you've had a home birth, do you have any suggestions for others who are home birthing?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Get Ready for Baby Challenge yet, you can do so here.

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:36 AM
Replies (21-30):
brightstar28
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:13 AM
I plan on taking my toothbrush/toothpaste, shampoo and conditioner, card games, crossword puzzles, my own pads, cell phone/charger, laptop, some music, and some clothes. For baby, clothes and stuff. Nothing too fancy.
EThompson
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:15 AM

I will be taking cloth's for me and baby, my camera and charge cable, cell phone and charger, toothbrush, hairbrush, robe, baby book, blanket for baby, diapers, formula that I perfer, and a present for my two daughters.

3mommy2004
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:17 AM

I'm 36 weeks today, and my bag isn't packed yet...I just don't know what to pack.  I haven't had a baby in 7 years!

mamalove619
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Last time all I needed was a come home outfit for myself and a hair brush. So that's all Ill take this time. They had tooth brushes, deoderant and all that at the hospital.

For baby last time I wayy over packed. So this time Ill bring a come home outfit, some more outfits, a couple sleepers, hats, socks, and mittens.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RhondaVeggie
I just bring toiletries for me, clothes to wear home for me and baby, and stuff to keep my husband and son occupied while I labor.
whitneymf
Ahh I'm 35w3d and have no idea what to pack for myself): for baby I packed newborn onsie, 0-3 onsie two night gown sleepers, and a warm going home outfit, socks, mittens, a blanket, and spit up rag. I don't know if I want to just use the hospitals disposal diapers or bring his cloth diapers. I kinda dont want to have to do laundry as soon as I get home. I NEED HELP with MY bag)):
flowerfunleah
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:20 AM

I brought my laptop, yes i was on cafemomd during labor! lol 

Entertainment is a must for those long labor hours and it helps distract you from contractions. For post baby I reccomend some flip flops for the shower,  your own scented soap, and you're own towel! I found out that towels are not made for busty girls at hospitals and won't wrap around you!

And though they say its a waste of money I wish I had brought my own pretty hospital gown (our very owAndee made hers and I love them!) because I was constantly adjusting the ones the hospitals provides for you. Or if you're not into custom hospital gowns, bring some comfy post baby clothes!

Benswifey10710
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:20 AM
Hair ties, hair brush, luffa, body wash, shampoo& conditioner, pads, clothes, warm socks..

For baby take home outfit, pacifiers, diapers, extra outfit
Jaylasmommy2010
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:22 AM

I'm not to sure on this one. With my daughter I didn't bring a hosptial bag I just went and the day we went home her dad brought cloths back for us. this time I do have a small bag with cloths for him and myself and Diapers. my thing Is I have to pack a bag for my daughter to go to her great aunts when hes born now thats a fun one.

tabby1979
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:22 AM

I have 6 1/2 weeks till then.... I plan on having my travel kit of bathroom stuff, change  of clothes,  snacks (hospital food sucks),  water bottle (my own to refill...hard to drink out of a cup when tired), my kindle fire, camera, phone with charger,  and baby's bag of stuff/carseat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)