Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Get Ready for Baby Day 7: Pack your Bags/Gather your Supplies

Posted by   + Show Post

Today's challenge is to pack your bags or gather your supplies.

Right around the 35 week mark, you should start putting together your hospital or birth center bag. If you are having a Home Birth, you'll want to ensure you have all your supplies that you'll need, as well as any food and drinks, you'll want during labor and after.

Some suggestions for your hospital/birth center bag are music to listen to during labor, a book to read, cards or other games to play, crossword or soduko books, clothes for you, clothes for baby, soap and shampoo for you, slippers, socks. If you prefer a certain kind of sanitary pad, you'll want to bring those, too. If you cloth diaper, you'll want to bring enough diapers for at least two days. You'll also want your cell phone and charger and your camera with extra batteries or the charger for your battery. 

What will you put in your bag? If you are home birthing, what kind of supplies do you want to have on hand? If you've already had your baby, what would you suggest moms to be bring with them? If you've had a home birth, do you have any suggestions for others who are home birthing?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Get Ready for Baby Challenge yet, you can do so here.

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:36 AM
Replies (31-40):
janessa27
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:24 AM
All my toiletries, pajama pants, fully stocked diaper bag, camera, batteries, magazines.................SNACKS! Good thing about having a csection is there will be a known scheduled hospital stay:)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KittyTussand
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:24 AM

For my birth center birth. im taking a robe, sports bra, some undies, and pj pants and shirt.  Pads and soap.  I will also be taking my camera vid camera, kindle and some music.

jenniferlee_12
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Coming home out fit for me and baby and that is about all I am packing this time. Of course the camera is by the door.

truelove813
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:36 AM

clothes- me & baby, camera & batteries, diapers & wipes, cell phone & charger, shower supplies

I havent really started to worry about this yet. 

wintersdaughter
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:37 AM
I usually only bring my laptop, phone and the chargers for them and also my toiletry items.
pacificamom
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:40 AM

bring make-up for surprise visitors! I looked like death LOL with the lack of sleep and i felt much better when I showered (bring lotion), brushed my hair and put on some mascara! You'll look at the pics later and agree:)

BeautyFromPain
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Phone charger, Fresh clothes, Shower products,

Take home outfit, Extra clothes, Car Seat
sweetiepye2004
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Just the normal things, clothes, toiletries, that sort of thing.  I think I overpacked last time because it seemed like if I wasn't feeding the baby or having visitors, all I wanted to do was sleep. 

mkmommy0406
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:45 AM
I always take my own toiletries, my pillow a a blanket that I like. I'll have some comfy clothes for after delivery and just basics for baby. Also gotta pack dh some othes and snacks. Of course we'll have our phones, chargers, cameras and probably my laptop.
luvmylilbean
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:47 AM

In my bag I have my own travel shampoo, conditioner, toothbrush, toothpaste, hair brush. Some comfy pj/sweat pants and a loose comfy shirt. I will also add my camera, charger, & extra memory cards, phone charger, stuff like that when it's time to go. In baby's bag I have a few outfits, her baby book (for prints), hats, special blanket, etc. I'll probably also bring my boppy pillow.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN