Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Get Ready for Baby Day 7: Pack your Bags/Gather your Supplies

Posted by   + Show Post

Today's challenge is to pack your bags or gather your supplies.

Right around the 35 week mark, you should start putting together your hospital or birth center bag. If you are having a Home Birth, you'll want to ensure you have all your supplies that you'll need, as well as any food and drinks, you'll want during labor and after.

Some suggestions for your hospital/birth center bag are music to listen to during labor, a book to read, cards or other games to play, crossword or soduko books, clothes for you, clothes for baby, soap and shampoo for you, slippers, socks. If you prefer a certain kind of sanitary pad, you'll want to bring those, too. If you cloth diaper, you'll want to bring enough diapers for at least two days. You'll also want your cell phone and charger and your camera with extra batteries or the charger for your battery. 

What will you put in your bag? If you are home birthing, what kind of supplies do you want to have on hand? If you've already had your baby, what would you suggest moms to be bring with them? If you've had a home birth, do you have any suggestions for others who are home birthing?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Get Ready for Baby Challenge yet, you can do so here.

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:36 AM
Replies (41-50):
sj3starz
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:49 AM
I'm not packing a bag though I have for previous pregnancies. Lazy clothes for me, going home clothes for baby, I did bring cloth diapers but was told to not use them by the nurses. I also brought wash cloths for during labor and my lap top, camera, hygiene products for both hubby and I.

This time I'm doing a home birth and will buy this huge list of supplies my midwife gave me, plus a birth kit which had multiple items in it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TNmommaof1
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:52 AM
I will be packing clothes for me, baby and so. Tablet and cell phone with chargers, pillows, blankets, camera, car seat. Personal hygiene items for all and breast pump.
ahawkins
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:52 AM
My kindle, clothes for me and baby, camera...
fiiasco
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:55 AM

This one stresses me out LOL I feel like I'm going to either pack like I'm going away for 2wks or not enough. As of now, I'm planning on buying the travel-sized toiletries so I don't have to worry about anything getting left behind, black granny panties that I don't have to be afraid to throw out, big obnoxious maxi pads, comfy clothes, flip-flops for the shower, snacks & such for dad, some reading stuff for me, my cellphone + charger, camera, & outfit for baby!

Pregnancy Ticker

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:55 AM

I'm not sure about what will be in the birth kit for our homebirth yet. It's something I have to ask the midwife about. :)

Lizzys_mommy13
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:57 AM
I am bringing just a few things for myself. I definitely grabbed my bath robe though. Nobody needs to see my butt while I am wearing the hospital gown. Lol I only packed things we will need for the trip home for baby. The hospital supplies pretty much everything.
mrssummerlin
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Ill be bringing a comfy sundress and flats, my make-up, hair products, a gentle body wash, contacts (if I have them), toothbrush, iPod with all of my hypnobirthing stuff and relaxing classical music, birthing ball, some comfy PJs (because I HATE hospital gowns and refuse to wear them), my breast pump, nipple shields, lavender massage oil, cloth diapers, wet bag, clothes for Baby Bean, home made baby blanket, granola bars and fresh cut fruits and veggies, Gatorade, my brita water bottle, laptop, camera, chargers for everything, and the thing I forgot with my DD PADS! Hahaha.

It sounds like a lot, but when your labour tends to be 40+ hours it's actually not. :)
debra36701
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Clothes for me and baby, toothbrush,toothpaste, hairbrush, shampoo, deodorant, camera, phone, chargers, and thats all i can think of off the top of my head.

scarletlolita76
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Haven't even started a bag, I'm 32 weeks and 1 day now so I guess I should get to work pulling things together! 
I do want some meditation music for labor, of course my own gown and robe for after delivery, clothes & blanket for baby, our cell phones for pics and calling family, nursing bras and comfy panties, mommy pads and witch hazel, a change of clothes for myself and dh, our own soap/shampoo/conditioner, makeup, hair brush, toothbrush, and I will have a gift for ds1 for ds2 for when he visits us in the hospital. I *THINK* that's it. 

CafeMom Tickers
LinzLou86
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:09 PM
My bag will have snacks, phone, camera, brush, Chapstick, clothes, toothbrush, slippers, magazine, chargers, wallet, hair ties, pads, pillow, blanket, and for the baby I will bring a couple different outfits, blanket, burp clothes. Baby won't need much plus the hospital provides a lot.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN