Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

whats the soonest baby can fly?

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:12 PM
  • 12 Replies

Just curious

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Larsbug
by Laura on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:15 PM

I think most doctors ask that you wait until 6 weeks but the youngest I have ever flown with baby is 5 months

nikzup03
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:15 PM
Well, I took my first born on a flight at 6 weeks. We were both healthy and fine, so I didn't have any issues with it. I guess it might be an issue if there are health problems
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Larsbug
by Laura on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:16 PM

that is if you mean baby outside of the womb lol

Jess21608
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Lol yes the baby outside of the womb. I wanna visit family down in cali after our lil guy comes..I would like my hubby to be able to join cause its his famiily and also cause I hate to fly..he only gets 2 weeks off. Im planning on taking only a month off if all goes well with delivery and whatnot so I wasnt sure if we could go that early or not.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:42 PM
I usually wait few weeks until I'm feeling better.
Kat31
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:42 PM
Lol. I totally pictured a flying baby.

Quoting Larsbug:

that is if you mean baby outside of the womb lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:44 PM
I say as long as baby and you are healthy..go for it. Little babies are easy to fly with since they sleep the whole time. You could ask the pediatrician though to be certain for your case if you have any worries.

Quoting Jess21608:

Lol yes the baby outside of the womb. I wanna visit family down in cali after our lil guy comes..I would like my hubby to be able to join cause its his famiily and also cause I hate to fly..he only gets 2 weeks off. Im planning on taking only a month off if all goes well with delivery and whatnot so I wasnt sure if we could go that early or not.

Jess21608
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:47 PM

thanks ladies! I will totally ask the peditrician didnt think about that..I mean its not a set in stone have tickets sort of thing its just would be fun to see family my father in law works for the airlines so we can fly for free as standbys.

Reepicheep.CSL
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:12 PM
The youngest we have flown with was five weeks. I would rather fly with 100 newborns than 1 toddler!
B1Bomber
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:12 PM

The biggest reason to wait is that newborns have weaker immune systems and airplanes are germfests. If you are careful to keep your kiddo away from other people, flying with a baby is pretty easy. I took my son on his first flight at 10 weeks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured