Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

What will you do once you go into labor?

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:47 PM
  • 70 Replies
Im going to call mil since she is watching the kids, even if its a false alarm she can still come hang out, I.love my mil! start packing my hospital bag, then pack the kids over night bags, make sure dishes/kitchen is clean, vacumme and pick up the living room, kinda just make sure everything in the house is where and how I want it. Take out the carseats so I can put them in mils hummer. Call dh while cleaning and such. Take a bath! Once it starts getting intense I think ill probably take a few lol...

And yes, ill be on cm. Cm distracts me pretty good. I was on cm when in labor with my second lol.

What else could I do? I need to distract myself. I want to stay home as long as possible. Im about 10/15 mins from the hospital.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Yvette209
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:50 PM
LOL probly the same thing as u. With my second I cleaned n when I went into the HP it went by fast.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by Emerald Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:51 PM

I like to hang out at home or go out to the park or restaurants, etc.       Places in public are nice for me.     When it gets more intense & near the end we make sure we have all the food and kid's entertainment and we go.

:-)

ryryab
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:51 PM
Call my boyfriend if he isn't with me, and go to the hospital.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mumof2boys03
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:53 PM
4 moms liked this
Take a poop, then shower and head to the hospital!
I pooped while giving birth with my last and I REFUSE to do it with this one! LOL

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

MrS.GiFFord
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:54 PM
2 moms liked this

With my second I watched a lot of SVU. Gotta love marathons lol.

mommieof3_91
I'm about 45 mins from hospital so I don't have a lot of time but I plan on putting in carseat and grabbing both our bags for hospital and grabbing a blanket for myself incase my water has broken (new car). Other than that calling a select few family members and letting them know the day has come
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tarakay0417
Probably labor at home for awhile depending on how intense it is. Then I will go to the hospital.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by Emerald Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Quoting Mumof2boys03:

Take a poop, then shower and head to the hospital!
I pooped while giving birth with my last and I REFUSE to do it with this one! LOL

lol
   good luck with that!!

;-P

kbornman21
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Around my due date ill be hiring a cleaning service to make sure everything is clean and ready to go and then have a checklist for my support team to know what's happening.

I want a home water birth, so it'll be time for business.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louzannalady
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:56 PM

I would do all of the same kind of thing and order pizza and put on something funny to watch as I am doing those things. But, I avoid social media during labor, like the plague. I want a home birth next time, so I will be getting in the corner tub, once it gets more intense. : ) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)