Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Well I think it's finally hitting... (kind of a vent...)

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:26 AM
  • 7 Replies

Well yes I think it's finally hitting. So I'm about 5 or 6 weeks right now, if my math is correct(according to the doctor I'm between 6 to 8 weeks but that just doesn't add up, unless I ovulated early, which I guess is possible, idk anymore I guess anything is possible anymore...) But I am finally starting to feel pregnant. I have been unable to eat hardly anything for like three or four days straight now without getting sick to stomach. I also have been extremely tired through out the day for weeks now. But on top of that I have been trouble sleep for a couple days now and tonight I just cannot get comfy in bed to fall asleep at all... This is going to be a long 8 or 9 nine months for me...

So what did you ladies do to help yourselves eat more with morning sickness? Any advice?

What about sleeping? How did you get sleep at night especially if you had or have another kid to while being pregnant?

And what about being extremely tired during the day to? again this is hard for me deal with because I have an almost 2 yr old son at home with me almost everyday... (yes I am a sahm)

Any advice or encouragement would be great... Thanks in advance ladies...

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:33 AM
1 mom liked this

I had awful morning sickness with my son and as far as eating goes the main thing I did that helped was just eat smaller meals throughout the day and just avoided foods that could possibly make me sick.  If it gets to the point where you just can't handle it you can ask you dr to prescribe you something.  My dd was also around 2 while I was pregnant with my son and at the time she was still taking one nap a day so I just took a nap when she did.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Sun_Shine_990
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:40 AM

Quoting cali_angel_girl:

I had awful morning sickness with my son and as far as eating goes the main thing I did that helped was just eat smaller meals throughout the day and just avoided foods that could possibly make me sick.  If it gets to the point where you just can't handle it you can ask you dr to prescribe you something.  My dd was also around 2 while I was pregnant with my son and at the time she was still taking one nap a day so I just took a nap when she did.

oic. Well idk I guess I'm going to have to start eating smaller more frequent meals through out the day... It just seems there is so much I can not eat with this one. that is why i feel like this one is going to be a girl(which on a side note is what I'm hoping for. if it's a girl then I think i will officially be done. With haveing kids I mean... lol. but we shall see I guess)

Yes I too try to sleep when jr sleeps, granted I can't always do that even though I'm home alot and all that. I mean heck sometimes there is stuff that just needs to be done... Idk I might just have to start resting more through the day when I can since dh is being really helpful already and picking up the slack since I've been sick from being pregnant and feel sick from well being sick(yes I currently have a uti, which I'm getting meds for tomorrow, and I think I have a cold or the flu again, one of the two either way I am going to see a doctor about it soon.)

But either way thank you the advice. I am just hoping that the morning sickness goes away after the frist tremester like it did with ds but we shall see I guess...

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Your welcome and sorry I couldn't offer much more advice then that.  That's just what seemed helped keep my morning sickness manageable.  Hopefully it eases up for you a little bit :)

Quoting Sun_Shine_990:

Quoting cali_angel_girl:

oic. Well idk I guess I'm going to have to start eating smaller more frequent meals through out the day... It just seems there is so much I can not eat with this one. that is why i feel like this one is going to be a girl(which on a side note is what I'm hoping for. if it's a girl then I think i will officially be done. With haveing kids I mean... lol. but we shall see I guess)

Yes I too try to sleep when jr sleeps, granted I can't always do that even though I'm home alot and all that. I mean heck sometimes there is stuff that just needs to be done... Idk I might just have to start resting more through the day when I can since dh is being really helpful already and picking up the slack since I've been sick from being pregnant and feel sick from well being sick(yes I currently have a uti, which I'm getting meds for tomorrow, and I think I have a cold or the flu again, one of the two either way I am going to see a doctor about it soon.)

But either way thank you the advice. I am just hoping that the morning sickness goes away after the frist tremester like it did with ds but we shall see I guess...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Heather2001
by Heather on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:16 AM
1 mom liked this

For the morning sickness, make sure you're eating plenty of protein and try the Sea Bands. 

I would shut myself and my young kids in our kid-safe nursery and take a nap in front of the door if I was desperate.  You gotta do what you gotta do.

Sun_Shine_990
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:26 AM
what is sea bands? I've never heard of that before.

Yeah I to have done that once or twice. I've taken ds to his room or another safe room in the house and just shout in there n taken a nap on the days he won't nap and if he needs anything, even though he can't talk yet he wakes me up, kind of funny but it works, i just feel bad when i do that even though i probably shouldn't... But thank you for the advice...

Quoting Heather2001:

For the morning sickness, make sure you're eating plenty of protein and try the Sea Bands. 

I would shut myself and my young kids in our kid-safe nursery and take a nap in front of the door if I was desperate.  You gotta do what you gotta do.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Astrachanca
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Sea bands are made for motion sickness as a safe non-medication relief. They go around your wrists and apply pressure to pressure points that are supposed to help with sickness. I've not tried them myself but I have heard good things about them. In severe cases, acupuncture is supposed to be even better relief. My doctor had hyperemesis with both of her pregnancies and acupuncture was her ONLY relief. Another natural option is to take vitamin b6 two or three times a day. (Talk to your doctor about that). Unisom sleep tabs/vitamin b6 taken at night is another option. Try to nibble on something before you get out of bed in the morning. That's supposed to help. Also, you can try peppermint candy/tea or ginger.

Sorry you're dealing with sickness! I was lucky I didn't have morning sickness... If its really bad, your doctor can prescribe anti-nausea meds! Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SOCO101
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Early in pregnancy I don't force myself to eat if it makes me feel awful. With dd I ended up loosing 5lbs, but made up for it in the 2nd trimester. Crackers or toast can put something in your stomach, because morning sickness can be worse on an empty stomach.

The morning sickness has been horrible with both these pregnancies, with dd it just stopped right at 13 weeks. I'm hoping it does the same with this one! I'm 10w6d, and can't move without feeling dizzy. Can't sit on the couch without falling asleep, but can't go to sleep at bed time. I also have a 2yo, that makes me keep going. TBH, lately I've gotten very bad about turning on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and letting her watch it while I be lazy;) And have really tried to get dh to help with everything possible. I really hope all this just vanishes in my 2nd trimester like it did with dd! Good Luck, mama! Hope you get to feeling better too!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)