Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Does your s/o follow your restrictions?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:34 PM
  • 13 Replies

This was posted in another group and I wondered how you all felt about it.  

If you have modified your diet since you are pregnant, have you wanted your s/o to change with you? 

Do you care if he drinks -- when you can't? 

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JadeTigr7
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:47 PM

I didn't really modify my diet, but if I did, he'd kind of have to because I don't make different meals for the family than I would for myself.

I don't care if he drinks and I can't.   

Lennox28
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:49 PM

We've always eaten rather differently (I try to be healthy though that's been hard since nausea hit and he likes a lot of meat and french fries, lol) so it's no biggie to me that we eat different things.  I don't drink and he has a beer or two once  or twice a year so that wouldn't bother me either.

B1Bomber
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:51 PM

There aren't any restrictions on diet that apply to me (I don't like sushi, in America pretty much all cheese is pasteurized, etc) and I don't mind if he has his beer or wine or orders a drink when we go out.

Sometimes I get a little jealous of the alcohol - I can go months without drinking when I'm not preggo, but something about the smell of anything alcoholic makes me crave it desperately...I don't cave in, but it's not always easy :)

RaLeighsMommy11
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:58 PM
I'm on a low sodium diet & can only drink water & no sweets due to high BP! He doesn't eat sweets in front of me because he knows how bad I crave them & he eats whatever I have to for supper. Breakfast & lunch he is @ work so he eats whatever but it don't bother me I don't see it lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Whereismymind
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:58 PM
Haven't had to change my diet but I wouldn't ask him to.I guess he would be impacted since I do the cooking. He actually asked me if it bothered be that he had a beer from time to time and it doesn't bother me at all.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cynthje
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:03 PM

I do the cooking here so he eats what i eat! I dont mind if he had a drink when i was pregnant, i didnt change our diet though cause we always eat a healthy and well balanced diet

mama2gg
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:04 PM

I changed a little and no I dont expect ANYONE to follow something that is for me thats silly

anxiousschk
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:08 PM

I don't think it's silly.  I'm not in this pregnancy alone.  We both played equal parts in getting me pregnant so why would I be all alone in things? 

I can't drink, he's not drinking (in general -- I was fine with it for business trips).  I had to modify my diet for GD, so did he.  

He was more than willing to do it, for the reasons listed above.  He also feels it's completely insensitive and inconsiderate to be eating whatever he wants when I can't do the same.  

Quoting mama2gg:

I changed a little and no I dont expect ANYONE to follow something that is for me thats silly

mama2gg
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:13 PM

To ME it's silly not to you or anyone else.....To ME it's silly to assume my DH should suffer just because I can't do something , yes we made the baby together but it's selfish TO ME to ask him to change something that doesn't affect ME or the BABY at all....

Quoting anxiousschk:

I don't think it's silly.  I'm not in this pregnancy alone.  We both played equal parts in getting me pregnant so why would I be all alone in things? 

I can't drink, he's not drinking (in general -- I was fine with it for business trips).  I had to modify my diet for GD, so did he.  

He was more than willing to do it, for the reasons listed above.  He also feels it's completely insensitive and inconsiderate to be eating whatever he wants when I can't do the same.  

Quoting mama2gg:

kierasmommy
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:15 PM
I don't like beer and that's what he drinks, so it doesn't bother me.
Other than that, I didn't really have many changes. More portion sizes than anything due to nausea and blood sugar.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN