Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

How long....

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:13 AM
  • 7 Replies
Is this postpartum depression going to last? I'm 6 weeks postpartum and i'm still bleeding and the way it looks it 's going to stay for a long while. Then i can't seem to shake this depression at all. I'm using food for comfort really bad and if i don't get the food i want it i'm really angry and depressed. I really don't feel like myself anymore i got out with my sister today i felt a lot better cause i don't get out much. But it really felt good to get a breather. I never took pills for depression so i a little skeptical about taking those. I just want to feel normal:(
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:16 AM

Sorry hun i've never had ppd but here is a bump for you and hopefully one of the other ladies can offer some advice.

FarmGirl2B
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:06 AM
Call your doc for help. Once you start feeling better you'll wonder why you waited so long. It's hard being cooped up with all the responsibility of keeping someone else alive. I had a reaction to antidepressants, but found a low dose of xanax did the trick, and I only took it as needed. Hugs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Call your doc asap. You shouldnt just suffer thru it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anxiousschk
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:25 AM

This. 

Quoting FarmGirl2B:

Call your doc for help. Once you start feeling better you'll wonder why you waited so long. It's hard being cooped up with all the responsibility of keeping someone else alive. I had a reaction to antidepressants, but found a low dose of xanax did the trick, and I only took it as needed. Hugs!

Side note:  I didn't get help like I should have with my first and the depression easily lasted 18 months.  I wish I had gotten help instead of waiting for it to pass. 

JadeTigr7
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Get help now.  Find a counselor, or call and get a prescription, but don't suffer through it.

hurst0three
Divorce........
Yesterday at 10:30 PM
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:09 AM

I've had ppd 4x now and my dr just upped my Welbutrin to 300 mg and my therapist is going to start me back on Abilify next week. Yes, I'm a pill popper and that used to other me so much, and my dh. When I'm not on antidepressants I feel worthless and often have suicidal thoughts. My life is crazy right now between kids, school, being alone, and my dh being gone. Eventually I want to get to a place where I don't need meds to feel normal. Right now I know I need them. I keep asking myself do I suffer through ths and make everyone's life miserable as well as my own just so I'm not seen as a pill popper OR do I take the meds, feel better, make life seem more manageable, and be seen as a pill popper? People will always judge others no matter the circumstances. I made the best choice for me and my family and I'm ok with that. I'm going to tell you being on antidepressants isn't as bad as what you think. They really do help and you don't have to stay on them. Ppd typically lasts 6 months to 1 yr. sometimes longer, sometimes shorter. It will depend on the individual and situation honestly. I hope you feel better and do try to get out more. Statistics show you're more likely to slip back into depression if you don't make an effort to be out in the sun everyday. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Diamondblue1
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:14 PM

Thank you i'm going to go to my doctor and let her know what's going on:)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)