Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

pre E

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:41 PM
  • 21 Replies
So I just found out today that I may have pre eclampsia. They found protien in my urine and also my blood pressure was elevated. I find out on Monday for sure but I also have a 24 hour urine that I have to do starting tomorrow and turn that in Sunday. Monday they will tell me when and if they are inducing me but they don't really know what's going on headaches have been so bad that they are knocking me out I gained 4lbs in a week and I'm not functioning properly. Anyone else have pre e and if I do what do I have to look forward to?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doulala
by Emerald Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Sorry to hear that!
You were fine at your last check/prenatal appt?     How long ago was that?
What are they having you do to improve your health/help you avoid interventions?

MsGrayciesMommy
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:13 PM
How far along are you?
I got induced at 38 weeks with my daughter due to preeclampsia. It just means its pregnancy induced high blood pressure. The only cure is to have the baby. As long as you're closely monitored, you and baby will be fine!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by Emerald Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Lots of moms love prevention though!

Quoting MsGrayciesMommy:

The only cure is to have the baby. 

mommieof3_91
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:11 PM
I had protien but my bp wasn't high. Now my blood pressure is going up and I checked it a lil while ago and it was 126/85 then it went to 135/94 like 5 mins later. Called doc waiting to see what they say. I also have congestive heart failure so :-(
doulala
by Emerald Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Quoting mommieof3_91:

I had protien but my bp wasn't high. Now my blood pressure is going up and I checked it a lil while ago and it was 126/85 then it went to 135/94 like 5 mins later. Called doc waiting to see what they say. I also have congestive heart failure so :-(

It's worth a little Brewer Diet in the meantime, right?   ;)
GL & keep us posted!

livingrlovesong
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:26 PM
I didnt find out that I had pre E until I actually went into the hospital in labor. I had high blood pressure the last 6 weeks of my pregnancy. He was born at 36 weeks. *on his own* But I also have a thyroid disease. Good Luck mama
jackieb2811
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:28 PM

I had pre e with my twins. I went into labor at 34 weeks they stopped it but at that point I did not have it then. I went back in 4 days later (34w4d) at 9pm and I was feeling funny and thought I was leaking fluid turns out I wasn't but I had protien in my urine and so they sent me to a better hospital that same night to hook me up to magnesium sulfate so I could try to keep them in longer.

By 1am they told me it was getting worse so I was being induced by the next morning I was sooooo sick I decided to have them by csection. I almost lost my baby b. It can progress quickly I would be very scared to wait that long! If you faint or feel like you are getting worse get to a hospital ASAP it is life threatening!!! I hope everything goes well for you hun!

mommieof3_91
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Well I had my blood pressure go up to 135/94 and called my ob triage and the doc told me that from what he seen on my records I was fine even though I have been having the worst headache ever and they still tell me I'm fine like last night when I went in they told me what they thought was my cervix was closed but I was having contractions. How can you be licenced in something like that and not know if it is someones cervix or not. I have been having problems with not being able to see staright and feeling off but they tell me I'm fine? I called a different hospital tonight and they said they would take me no questions asked but my blood pressure went back down down so now I'm waiting to see if contractions get worse and keeping an eye on bp in case I have to go in
pacificamom
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 3:13 PM

bummer! not sure...

DixonBabies
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Hugs. Hope things get figured out. I would think with heart failure they wouldn't mess around with possible pre e
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN