Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Buying things for baby.

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:48 PM
  • 55 Replies
Has anyone went out and started stocking up on stuff for the arrival of baby?
Me and my Boyfriend went out and have bought 1 pack of Newborn diapers, 2 packs of size 1's, 2 packs of baby wipes, & 3 bottles plus an extra 6pack of reusable nipples.
We have have 12 Enfamil Nipple Ready formula bottles.
6 bottles all together & 2 Hello Kitty pacifiers.
Next week, we're going out and getting 2 packs of size 2's and probably some more baby wipes. It really depends.
I'm not really worried about formula or food because I get WIC for myself and will be getting it for baby as well :)
Have you guys went out and started stocking up on anything yet?
If so, what all do you have so far? & When is baby due?
My baby girl is due March 15th, but I have a feeling she will be here early :) So excited!

having a baby

by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doulala
by Emerald Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:53 PM
3 moms liked this

I didn't really need to buy much of anything for my babies.       I did get a couple of carriers and a car seat.       But I received hand-me-downs, I breastfeed, cosleep, cloth diaper so we saved a lot of money.    

southernbelletx
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Im due march first. I don't buy any diapers beforehand because each baby does best with a diff diaper brand. Hope you bought the right ones! Also baby may not like the bottles or pacis. My son only took mam and dr brown.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Always1222
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:55 PM

That is my husband and I's goal as well. We are going to cloth diaper, but we are planning on stocking up on wipes, baby shampoo, diaper cream, baby tylenol...etc :) Congrats!!!

Always1222
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:59 PM

I am also planning on stocking up on munchies, and easy dinner ideas and maybe some frozen meals that way when baby gets here we have some easy meals. Also stocking up on household items that are necessary like toilet paper, paper towel, etc...

TLQSlovesME
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:59 PM
Yeah, next time we go to Wal*Mart I'm going to take my time and look around at all of the different stuff like butt paste, baby shampoo, lotion, etc.
TLQSlovesME
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Hm, that's a thought. Never heard of anyone doing that, but hey, sounds like a plan :) Those are things you never have enough of!

having a baby

Amycapl
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:30 PM

you are going to need SO many more wipes!! LOL!  like 18 years worth :)  have you thought about nursing the baby?  you mentioned you're receiving WIC and breast feeding saves a TON of money! also, no need to splurge on baby specific bath stuff. a bar of regular dove soap (unscented) is all that peanut needs :)

TLQSlovesME
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Quoting Amycapl:

you are going to need SO many more wipes!! LOL!  like 18 years worth :)  have you thought about nursing the baby?  you mentioned you're receiving WIC and breast feeding saves a TON of money! also, no need to splurge on baby specific bath stuff. a bar of regular dove soap (unscented) is all that peanut needs :)

Oh, I know I'm going to need TONS of wipes. I'm just trying to get little bits at a time, lol :) & yes I've thought about breastfeeding, that was first option, but I'm going to have to get a job ASAP so we can move into our place & I won't have time to sit there and pump all the time.

having a baby

JocelynsMama1
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:41 PM

not to seem rude but why are you stoking up on size 2 diapers already? you will need way more than 2 packs of size 1 and most liekly (depending on baby's size) more that 1 pack of newborns

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Same here :)

Quoting doulala:

I didn't really need to buy much of anything for my babies.       I did get a couple of carriers and a car seat.       But I received hand-me-downs, I breastfeed, cosleep, cloth diaper so we saved a lot of money.    

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)