Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

We are such bad procrastinators

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:09 AM
  • 2 Replies
We have purchased nothing for baby girl!!! We've looked for things, such as the crib, swing, car seat, etc, but haven't bought anything. I have 4 onesies for her that I tie dyed (I'm slightly obsessed with tie dying) and that's it!

We need to get our butts in gear and start buying! It's not that we can't afford the stuff, we just can't agree on it. The crib I want to get her is a convertible crib that goes from crib to toddler bed to day bed to full size bed, but dh doesn't really like it. The swing I want to get was $120 but last week I found it for $89 - dh thinks that's too much to spend on a swing. And we can't seem to find a carseat that doesn't come with a stroller. We don't need the stroller, do dh really doesn't want to buy one. Totally understandable, but good lord! She will be here in about 9 and a half weeks!!!

And her bedroom isn't anywhere near being ready. She and dd will be sharing a room and there is just so much to do!! I'm stressing myself out just thinking about everything that needs to get done.

Are we the only ones who have procrastinated?? Probably not. Lol. I don't even know where to start. I just needed to vent for a minute.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
armyslpbaby
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Everyone prepares for baby their own way. We all come from different financial situations and have varying opinions on what's needed vs what's not. Having said that, relax mama. Make a list of what you consider to be essentials and tell our hubby that we must look this this week and agree on it! As for a carseat, plenty are sold separately. Look online. But a lot of times it is cheaper as a combo so why not get the strollers s well? You may think you don't need it but end up wanting one, you never know. You still have time. :) good luck and don't stress about it! 

lovemygage
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:40 AM
That's cheap for a swing!! I couldn't picture buying something for that much money but when it comes to your sweet girl, she deserves it! I just got my boyfriend to get the ball rolling, I had to.explain "we only have two more Mondays till he's here!!" Then he finally realized how little time we have! Don't stress abkut it, you'll get it done! (I say don't stress but lord knows you will anyways! LOL)
I think I worried a lot more about being ready because I am carrying him, I feel him, I think about him 24/7 and daddy only thinks about it when I bring it up. I will say, get a variety of sizes, I have a TON of newborn clothes and nothing for 6-9 months.
Go to Sam's, buy in bulk of shampoo, lotion, wipes, diapers. It will make you feel better just knowing your stocked up! Also get stocked up on shampoo and toiletries for you! It will be one less thing to worry about when she gets here!!
Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN