Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

baby measuring small puts us in 15%

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:21 AM
  • 47 Replies
Im 27.3 weeks now I had an us last week and my daughter measured small im being sent to mfm on the 23rd . For another ultrasound. Ive been eating a lot of protein to see if that helps. I am over weight have hbp that is controlled by meds . Dd is 4/4 sch cs is 3/29 . Going to try a vbac prior ti sch cs tho. Anyways just wanted to know if anyone else went thru baby measuring small and in low percentile of growth and what steps were done ? Thanks ladies.

P.s the awesome mommas in my ddg have given me great advice. But im wanting to see if anyone has been thru this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cjennie30
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:40 AM

My baby measured small the whole pregnancy and was estimated to be a little bit over 7lbs . Well she came out 9lbs 4oz so they could be off. Good luck to you though.

iluvsgtLangley
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Oh wow. :) . Did they tell u what percentile she was in for growth ?

Quoting Cjennie30:

My baby measured small the whole pregnancy and was estimated to be a little bit over 7lbs . Well she came out 9lbs 4oz so they could be off. Good luck to you though.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xLilBit22
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Just here hoping everything is good (:
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
av0531
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this
DS measured small but it didn't become an issue until around 32 weeks. I had ultrasounds done every other week and when the last 2 it looked like there was no change I was induced at 39 weeks. They have no idea why he was measuring so small. They estimated his weight to be around 5lbs 5oz at my last ultrasound and he ended up weighing 5lb 11oz at birth.
nikkifam5
by Silver Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this
My son measured smaller and was 8 lbs at birth ( 38 weeks )
Cjennie30
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:56 AM

I am not sure if they said what precentile but they did a repeat c-section at 39 weeks exactly but they did ultrasounds almost every time I went to the OBGYN. They said the same thing about my son and he was 9lbs 10oz . The smallest child I had is my oldest she was 6lbs 11oz.

Quoting iluvsgtLangley:

Oh wow. :) . Did they tell u what percentile she was in for growth ?

Quoting Cjennie30:

lifeforchrist
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:22 PM
1 mom liked this

they said my second was measuring small like 4 weeks behind where she should have been. She came out perfectly healthy at 6lb 11oz

iluvsgtLangley
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:27 PM
Thank you :)

Quoting xLilBit22:

Just here hoping everything is good (:
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iluvsgtLangley
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Awe hes tiny. Did he have any issues ?

Quoting av0531:

DS measured small but it didn't become an issue until around 32 weeks. I had ultrasounds done every other week and when the last 2 it looked like there was no change I was induced at 39 weeks. They have no idea why he was measuring so small. They estimated his weight to be around 5lbs 5oz at my last ultrasound and he ended up weighing 5lb 11oz at birth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iluvsgtLangley
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Hiw much smaller. ? Did they say what percentage he was in.

Quoting nikkifam5:

My son measured smaller and was 8 lbs at birth ( 38 weeks )
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)